Royal HaskoningDHV is a seamless provider of technology, consultancy and software and provides some of the leading water and wastewater treatment processes. In addition, it has a team of experienced consultants and engineers, who can offer a wide range of services to the UK water sector:
- Strategic planning
- Technical development and appraisal
- Process, Energy, Carbon and Compliance auditing
- Process innovation and research
- Process engineering design and modelling
UK Water Utilities
The Water Utilities (UK) team within Royal HaskoningDHV brings together the three integral themes of water expertise from across the business, in terms of consultancy, digital and technology. Its core focus is on providing integrated solutions to the key challenges facing the UK water sector today, with a view to how they will positively impact to create the Water Utility of the Future.
The team collaboratively draws on its research, experience and projects from across the globe to provide consultancy services focused on the UK's requirements.
Key challenges in AMP 7
Water companies have some pressing issues to address in AMP 7, not least of these being the stringent phosphorus consents which have been introduced by Ofwat as part of WINEP. In addition, water companies need to be putting in place robust strategies to meet the Net Zero 2030 carbon targets to tackle climate change.
The team is led by UK Water Utilities Director Paul Lavender, a Fellow of CIWEM, Chartered Scientist and Chartered Environmentalist with over 20 years of environmental consultancy experience specialising in municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment, biosolids and organic waste treatment. Paul is responsible for Royal HaskoningDHV’s strategic business plan to meet the ever-changing needs of the UK water sector and his experience includes:
- Delivering consultancy services to address complex environmental challenges
- Developing research consortiums which have successfully secured funding through UK Government, EU Horizon Programme and Regulators
- Supporting innovation of new technology from proof-of-concept through to full-scale delivery.
Paul leads a multi-disciplinary team bringing together engineering, research and innovation, regulatory and digital specialists to offer a flexible and dynamic service to the UK water industry. Paul is a regular speaker at industry events and is a member of CIWEM’s wastewater and biosolids panel.
For further information on how the Water Utilities (UK) team can help you, contact Paul Lavender at [email protected] or Tel: + 44(0)7967
- 21 Jun 2021MOU with CPG Consultants for Climate Change Adaptation Studies in Singapore
- 01 Jun 2021First Nereda® Package Plant wins UK water industry award – Wastewater innovation project of the year
- 24 Sep 2020Water Technology Company of the Year Award
- 08 Feb 2019Royal HaskoningDHV shortlisted for three NCE100 awards
- 20 Sep 2018Royal HaskoningDHV celebrates NCE Techfest success for Nereda
- 18 Jun 2018Royal HaskoningDHV shortlisted for three NCE TechFest Awards
- 15 May 2018Nereda Highworth shortlisted for two UK awards