We are looking for a highly experienced and efficient Water Business Line CAD Lead who will report to the Global Director – Water Digital Development Lead and within our dedicated Water DWOW Team (Digital Way of Working) and coordinate local AG (Advisory Group) CAD Coordinators around our various locations. They will help the drive strategic development and support project and revenue growth and opportunity. They will work tightly with the Water Engineering and Design Lead.
As Water CAD Lead you will coordinate, connect, feed to-and-from our local Water discipline CAD Coordinators tasked and committed to local CAD and Digital Engineering development, standards, solutions, training and mentoring.
You will support the continual refinement and advancement of the Water DWOW strategy within the Water DWOW Team (Steering Group) maximising Digital Design and Engineering skills and development priorities in partnership with our Engineering lead and companywide digital approach.
Finally, the individual must demonstrate team ethics, good management and communication skills (inc English speaking if not native), a positive, enthusiastic, energetic, fun approach to work and digital development, above all an obsession for quality engineering.
Assist the growth and development of Revenue Services and the maximise team development to provide Digital Twin.
- Demonstrate an experiences knowledge of BIM beyond 3D CAD i.e. ISO19650 Lifecycle Information Management and Digital Engineering and its relationship with CAD.
- An expert in Revit, preferably Civil 3D and Plant 3D (or Similar), other software advantageous, include setup and development.
- Dedicated understanding of 4D Construction Simulation Navisworks (or similar)
- Developing or experienced knowledge of 5D (automated costs from 3D models)
- Development of CAD to provide 6D (Asset imbedded model data to support Digital Twin preferably an understanding of IFC, COBie and UNICLASS)
- Ensure effective automated delivery of 2D drawings from 3D models and embedded intelligence.
- Any other CAD engineering skills that will advance Water production and engineering solutions.
- This would include visualisation skills (quality renderings, animations, possibly 3D PDF).
- Demonstrate experience in creating, implementing and measuring engineering and CAD best practice, CAD compliance (standards), staff competency measurement and CAD development objectives.
- Modern understanding of CAD delivery through CDE (Common Data Environment)
- Experience in developing Pre-Contract and Post Contract BEP’s (BIM Execution Plans).
- Can portray a high degree of Civil Engineering, hopefully Plant Engineering.
- Water Background, Digital Survey Knowledge (point cloud, DTM translation), connectivity and benefits of GIS with CAD, Infraworks usage and Digital Review software/method experience) would put this candidate in high regard.
If you want to find out more and experience what it is like to be working for us. Check it out here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/we-thinking-out-digital-box-20-edwin-van-der-veer/