Our Digital Lab builds apps and services that innovate the RHDHV engineering. The lab works in an agile manner (Scrum/Kanban), (co)creating apps and services that support and raise the bar of interactivity and information architecture. Most products and services are in startup phase, all of them part of one mission: to enhance society by creating smart buildings, making industrial sites safer, diminishing the carbon footprint of organizations. To facilitate this, we are working closely with architects and engineers, always heavily involved in parametric design. The outcome: advanced 3D and AR visualization products and in some cases machine learning technology.
This is you. As a UX Designer you understand what it takes to make information architecture work on a visual level and make data part of the user experience; challenging but also very rewarding when dealing with the complexity of the civil engineering domain. This could mean designing data driven interfaces as well as crafting extensive 3D and possibly augmented reality experiences. You'll be working in a cross functional team of skilled backend developers, web developers, mobile developers, engineers (the kind that design built environment infrastructure but also soccer stadiums and jaw-dropping bridges) and data scientists. Starting with customer journeys and mockups you will kickstart your own design process together with service designers and design thinkers, developers and engineers. You'll also encounter a data engineer or two on more than one occasion; all the ingredients that allow you to work interactively and create and maintain great application and service experiences. In short: you matter in our digital transformation!
Your challenge. Play an important role in the development of tools supporting Innovation Engineering:
(co)Create UX designs, wireframes and prototypes for various intelligent software modules;
Engage in user group research with our internal experts for creation and validation of prototypes;
Organize sessions for research as well as testing and validating;
Service design: your research sheds light on the interaction between our working processes and clients
You are:A UX designer capable of starting, doing and finalizing projects successfully.
- Understanding Information Architecture, design patterns and human-computer-interface principles;
- Very passionate about user-centered design, a fan of Dieter Rams and Donald Norman;
- You live, eat and breathe agile…you are agile;
- Know how to team up with with developers, customers and designers;
- In depth knowledge of tools, able to rapidly produce prototypes (we use Sketch, Adobe XD and Zeplin but are not religious about it);
- A skilled deep diver into pixel art as well as lo-fi sketching enthusiast;
- Able to task out design tasks during refinements, understand staggered sprints or some other method to allow developers to pick up designs quickly and efficiently;
- Can explain and convincingly motivate your design choices;
- Love talking to product owners and customers…yes! absolutely love it;
- You love teaching, mentoring and coaching juniors;
- And yes this would be great: you could build a team of UX-ers, being an example and mentor for them.
Our offer. At Royal HaskoningDHV a great working atmosphere is standard and organizational and personal development take central stage. In this role, we offer you a multidisciplinary environment with senior experts in the field of software development for high level engineering purposes. As a RHDHV employee you also have access to a wide range of personal development courses. And of course, an excellent compensation package with flexible terms of employment is guaranteed.
Let's connect! Is this your role and the challenge you are looking for? Then apply now to get in touch with our Development Team. For more information, please contact Lotte van Boxmeer, +31883481976, firstname.lastname@example.org