Globally, floods are the most frequent type of natural disaster, as many as 1.47 billion people face flood risks worldwide. To make a difference in the world you can bring the knowledge and solutions to places that really need a Dutch approach on flood resilience. As Senior Project Manager Flood Resilience, you help improve the lives of people through resilience projects, while tackling challenging problems and sharpening your mind. Welcome to the gateway to the world!
What you do as Senior Project Manager
We are looking for you if you feel energized by challenges in rivers and coasts, such as climate change related disasters, development of waterways, and nature-based solutions. You will lead and be part of project teams solving easy and complex issues, either in policy development, plan development, design and implementation / or realization. Digital tooling is one of our strong weapons in the international competitive world of flood resilience. You are naturally able to find a balance between embracing your vision and implementing new insights and innovative approaches from our workforce of 6,000 bright minds.
Your position as Senior Project Manager consists of challenging international projects in the domain of Rivers & Coasts engineering and flood resilience. In these projects you are responsible for internal management of budgets, risks, planning, contacts with clients and contract management. As part of the global resilience team, you will actively contribute to the growth of our resilience portfolio by actively utilizing your (and our) networks and contacts! Furthermore you:
- Work across the various international teams and advisory groups in the Business Line Water, to develop client relations and acquire international projects together with like-minded colleagues;
- Will apply your experience to play an important role as a mentor of younger colleagues and help them to develop their consultancy and project management skills. Leading by example and coaching will be an important, but also fun part of your work;
- Will be based in the Netherlands, and available for shorter and longer missions to our clients, offices, partners, projects.
About the team
In this position as Senior Project Manager Flood Resilience you will become part of a team of professionals in the field of rivers and coasts. We create safe, healthy, and resilient river basins, coasts, and deltas. To achieve this we collaborate with our partners and clients in challenging and profitable projects aiming for sustainable development of safe, healthy, and resilient river basins, coasts and deltas worldwide. We continuously develop industry leading knowledge, best practice expertise and techniques and combine these in an integrated and innovative approach to realize the best solution for our clients and society. And ofcourse we build long-lasting relationships and inspire the people around us with our enthusiastic team.
What you bring
As Senior Project Manager we expect you to have proven project management skill in international multidisciplinary projects with management of contact, client expectations, team, scope, budget, planning, risks, and quality. As well as having demonstrated experience with business development in the public and private water sector, you have built a strong external network and contacts. Being commercially sensitive and contractually highly focused on optimizing business results is second nature for you. Especially in a collaborative setting, while enthusiastically working together as a team player with colleagues, clients and partners.
With your excellent listening skills, you understand the client’s needs and win their trust. It is important to be stress resilient and flexible, while maintaining motivated to frequently travel abroad on short trips if required. Furthermore, you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or MSc degree in Civil/Hydraulic Engineering or another related background;
- Have over 10 years of international experience (outside your home country) with consultancy work and engineering projects. Preferably in the field of hydraulic engineering, coastal and river engineering, and flood resilience;
- Share our passion to create safe, healthy and resilient river basins, coasts and deltas;
- Have excellent reporting and communication skills in English, and preferably Dutch. Good reporting and communication skills in French, Spanish or Portuguese are a plus;
- Are motivated to contribute to the (digital) innovation of our products and consultancy.
What we offer you
Royal HaskoningDHV is a leading Dutch engineering firm: innovative and realistic, top quality, surprising, and reliable. Anytime and anywhere! You will have an excellent working atmosphere, working in a dynamic organization with around 80 direct colleagues in the Rivers & Coasts advisory group, in which organizational and personal development take central stage. You will work together with colleagues with great consultancy skills and strong in connecting industry, environment, and society. This perfectly fits with RHDHV’s focus of “Enhancing Society Together”. Besides that:
- Our assessment and rewarding will be based on your personal competences;
- We offer a wide array of personal development opportunities;
- You will receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment.
Are you our new colleague?
Then apply now by sending us your most updated CV and motivation letter via the “apply” button! For questions regarding the vacancy, please send an e-mail to Michelle Spoor (lead recruiter-Water and Maritime Business Unit Netherlands) at [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.