Our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager and Engineer to join our Maritime team in Edinburgh. You will provide technical and project management support as required. May develop towards Business Development in the medium term.
You will provide commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring that projects show a profitable result. Developing strong relationships with existing clients and undertaking project work as required including :
- Project and Programme planning, organisation and control
- Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and Procurement Management
- Preparation of Contract Documents, Specifications, Bills of Quantities and supervision activities
- Liaise with all levels of clients, local authorities, contractors and specialist consultants on administrative and technical subjects
- Utilise technical knowledge and working knowledge of both office and site practices in UK and overseas markets working in positions of authority and responsibility
- Provide the key link between project delivery and the Client’s organisation, initiating projects including the coordination of stakeholder input, the production options appraisals, the preparation of project briefs and business cases and the gaining of approvals
- Be a figure of authority and support for project deliverers
- There will be inspections and surveys throughout the UK and internationally, preparation and checking of others reports
- Providing sound engineering judgement and advice.
Required skills and experience
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
- CEng, MICE
- Demonstrate excellent Project leadership skills on relatively complex projects
- International experience
- Experience with NEC ECC FIDIC contracts
- Experience in commercial aspects
- Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
- Maritime specific civil engineering experience
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practice
- Excellent managerial, commercial and technical track record
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.