With a committed and experienced team of HSE experts, you will advise leading customers about safety for people and the environment in complex situations. As Senior Expert Toxicology you help identify, reduce, and manage risk with your knowledge of substances, processes and uses. Together, we look at technology, organisation, and people/ behaviour and do this increasingly by making use of data science.
What you do as Senior Expert Toxicology
You will be involved in a variety of projects aimed to positively impact the health of workers, consumers, and the public. These projects vary from ensuring product safety in relation to international chemicals legislation, to consultancy on innovative projects involving risks of chemical substances, e.g., in relation to the Circular Economy. For these projects, you will work together with experts and consultants with a background in (eco)toxicology, chemistry, industrial hygiene and other (mostly technical) disciplines.
As a Senior Expert Toxicology, you are responsible for the toxicological content and quality of projects related to product and chemical safety. Most of the projects you work on are related to the registration, evaluation, and authorisation of chemical substances under REACH, but also the EU regulatory frameworks (e.g. CLP, Food Contact Materials, BPR, Medical Devices). Clients you will work with include (International) industry, (REACH) consortia, industrial associations and various authorities. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Initiating and participating in projects, where you will work together with a young and enthusiastic team including colleagues with different backgrounds and expertise;
- Communicating and staying in close contact with customers and other stakeholders, in large global industries. Representation of clients in industry or industrial associations;
- Participating in multidisciplinary and innovative consultancy projects across different groups within the company, involving risks of chemical substances, e.g., in relation to Circular Economy;
- Pro-actively sharing new insights and knowledge internally, as well as externally e.g., as a speaker at symposia and conferences and on social media platforms.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
What you bring
As an expert in a dynamic and commercial organization you combine entrepreneurial, commercial, and technical skills to work in project teams and develop integral solutions to support our clients’ business case, today and in the future. You can motivate yourself and use a good set of interpersonal skills to coach and motivate others. By being visible and active on external platforms through symposia, events, and social media you build and maintain a productive network which allows for a continuous dialogue with industry, authorities, and scientists. Furthermore, we expect an Expert Toxicology to have:
- A university degree or comparable education in toxicology, environmental sciences, chemistry and/or biology or equivalent. Preferably a PhD in the field of toxicology. A recent track record of (peer-reviewed) publications is considered a plus;
- A EUROTOX registration - certification as toxicologist (ERT);
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a consultancy firm, as freelancer or in an industrial environment. Of which more than 3 years professional experience in regulatory toxicology and detailed knowledge of valid approaches in hazard, exposure, and risk assessment;
- Extensive practical experience with testing regimes according to international guidelines (e.g., EU, OECD), alternative approaches like QSAR and read-across, and classification of chemical substances;
- A broad network in industry, excellent communication and networking skills;
- Excellent language skills in Dutch and English (spoken and written) Knowledge of the German and/or Spanish language is considered a plus;
Do you have specialised knowledge of substances of very high concern (SVHC / ZZS), food contact materials, biocides, endocrine disruption, mixture toxicity and/or nanotoxicology? That is considered a plus.
What we offer you
Within our company you will be able to develop yourself while working on challenging projects, both in the Netherland and worldwide. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in our office in Amersfoort and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you! Apply now by using the button below. If you have any questions, then please send them to [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.