Applying your skills in an open network of the brightest and smartest people around the world, where you are connected to innovative technologies. Harnessing the power of data and software to deliver the environments of tomorrow. That is what you do as Senior Data Engineer. With a data-led understanding of how to integrate the physical and digital world, you can create a nearly endless array of possibilities using the concept of Digital Twins!
What you do as Senior Data EngineerIn the role of Senior Data Engineer you will use your experience to help us build Digital Twins. This means you will be working at the intersection where engineering and data science meet. Your main responsibility will be designing and implementing data architectures. Which include data lakes, databases, and batch as well as steaming IoT pipelines. Furthermore, you will:
- Integrate machine learning models in order to enable Digital Twin solutions;
- Be coordinating the work of other Data Engineering colleagues for the implementation and governance of the data infrastructures in Azure;
- Be identifying new technologies and integrate them into our way of working;
- Contribute to our strategy in Data Engineering.
Where you will workRoyal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
As Senior Data Engineer you will become part of Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. Our purpose is to harness the power of data and software to deliver the environments of tomorrow. We use our engineering heritage to enhance society and create a more sustainable future. A data-led understanding of how to integrate the physical and digital world creates a nearly endless array of possibilities. The concept of Digital Twinning is a key element in our strategy. Digital twins are the virtual representations of physical objects or systems across their life cycle. It uses real-time data and other sources to enable learning, reasoning and dynamically recalibrating for improved decision making.
What you bringFor the role of Senior Data Engineer, you have relevant experience in data analytics (e.g. Databricks) as well as in at least one data orchestration framework (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Airflow, SSIS). You are used to working in Agile/ Scrum teams and:
- Have over 5 years of relevant experience;
- Have experience in Azure DevOps and CI/CD;
- Are proficient in Python, SQL, NoSQL, Pyspark/Scala and (Ba)sh;
- Junior colleagues rely on your guidance for their personal development;
- Have excellent command of Dutch and English;
Preferably, you have familiarity with serverless and container technologies (e.g. Docker) and also one or more relevant certifications for Microsoft Azure.
What we offer youIn our professional organization you get the chance to work on (inter)national projects and products, together with our experts who are leaders in their field. Within our company you will be able to develop yourself while working on challenging projects, both in the Netherland and worldwide. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary (€3.458 - €4.940) and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in our office and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary.
Are you our new colleague?Then we would like to meet you! Apply now using the button below. Do you have any questions? Do not hesitate to send them to Andreas Hoogeveen, Operations Manager ([email protected]).
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.