Royal HaskoningDHV, the Netherlands based independent, international engineering and project management consultancy delivering services on the infrastructure, logistics and natural resources sectors, is looking for bright experts and consultants.
In the last few years, our focus on market and financial analysis of infrastructure has grown strongly. This is in line with our ambition to develop a full service offering to our clients.
In order to continue growing, the Ocean Shipping Consultants team, focused on market studies, M&A transaction due diligence, financial feasibility, IPOs and strategy consultancy, is keen to expand the team with a senior expert in Singapore.
If you are a proactive, flexible and eager to contribute to the development of our team, we would be keen to get to know you.
We aim to further extend our project portfolio and enhance our services using advanced data analysis techniques, in the international maritime sector, as well as in logistics analysis. If you look for a challenging assignment to develop and apply your technical and consultancy skills and contribute to our international projects, we look forward to get to know you.
The role includes market analysis, and the opportunity to work on international projects. It is a small team so we need team players that are flexible and eager to learn more about the various markets we operate in.
About Royal HaskoningDHV (RHDHV)
- An independent, international engineering and project management consultancy delivering services on the infrastructure, logistics and natural resources sectors.
- Established in 1881 in the Netherlands, headquarters in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
- Over 6,000 employees worldwide in over 100 offices in 35 countries.
- Four business lines:
- Industry & Buildings
- Maritime & Aviation
- Transport & Planning
Role description in brief
- Overall purpose of the role is the execution of maritime sector related market studies and consultancy assignments for clients.
- The role also involves business development tasks in cooperation with the Line Manager. Responsibilities will include liaison with clients and preparation of proposals for major consultancy projects.
Role description in more detail
- The focus of the role will be on containerised, liquid bulk and dry bulk/breakbulk cargoes, however, .general involvement in other shipping markets will also be required when necessary.
- It is expected that international travel will be required for the development of projects and that the consultant will be available for these assignments.
- In addition, it will be necessary to prepare and present presentations at international conferences and seminars on key market areas.
- Guidance to team members and active liaison with RHDHV colleagues especially related to training of colleagues, and related to business development, forms part of the role.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Desired Skills and Expertise
The candidate should ideally have the following qualities:
- MSc in economics, maritime related technical study, econometrics, business administration;
- At least 10 years of experience in the maritime, oil/gas, logistics or transportation industry with exposure in various disciplines preferred;
- Proficient in desktop research, excel modelling, software programming (Python a.o.), map preparation;
- Ability to adopt new technologies/tools to improve the quality of our deliverables;
- A team player able to collaborate and work harmoniously with the global team and project teams;
- Able to work independently and able to meet deadlines;
- Strong communication skills;
- Coaching and mentoring skills;
- Able to travel for consultancy assignments;
- Knowledge of multiple languages will be an advantage.
You are provided with the following:
- Career development opportunities within the organization
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work locations
- 21 days of leave
- International travel
- A dynamic, professional work environment with enthusiastic colleagues
Company Description Extended
Royal HaskoningDHV has been making a world of difference in people’s lives since 1881. As an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, we have been working with clients to successfully deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for 135 years. Our more than 6,000 colleagues, spread over 150 countries are committed to our promise to enhance society together. We combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment.
We are leaders in sustainable development and innovation. Thousands of people’s lives are changing as a result of our work. By working in partnership with our clients and stakeholders, we are making an impactful contribution to society through our projects and Enhancing Society Together.
We put our clients at the centre of everything we do. Enhancing Society Together is our promise to the market and to you. It is the choice we make and the responsibility we want to take in a world that is changing.
We understand that our clients are facing difficult challenges. Global challenges require sustainable solutions that are fit for future generations. Together, we can make a world of difference, contributing to a more sustainable future for our children and our children’s children. We encourage our clients and partners to join us as we work together in developing responsible solutions that will last far beyond our generation.
- Clients include shipping lines, terminal operators, cargo owners, port authorities, banks and investment funds.
- Sectors covered include ports, shipping, logistics involving containers, dry bulk and liquid bulk
As part of the company growth strategy, the Maritime Economics & Operation Advisory Group is keen to expand its team.