Within a short period of time you are expected to lead a team of engineers and technicians in the design and implementation of existing data centres. As part of the Mission’s Critical Facilities Team, you will be required to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, have good client interfacing skills, understand the daily operation business of our Data Centre Clients and manage challenging deliverables on time and within budget.
Digital services play an increasingly important role in our lives and in the economy. A good infrastructure is essential to operate these services properly. Services such as cloud, mobile apps and other digital applications are provided from data centres. Data centres thus form the foundation of our digital infrastructure.
Within the Business Line Industry & Buildings, the Business Unit Multinationals II is among other things responsible for the consultancy services and implementation of Mission Critical Facilities in data centre projects. Within the Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team at Royal HaskoningDHV we deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the existing data centre market. We have experts in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Architectural, Fire safety, Controls and Security engineering and combine this knowledge and expertise to develop integrated and innovative detailed designs for data centres.
For two years we have a separate, driven team of engineers who is involved in projects in existing data centers, Brown Field Services as we call it. For the expansion of this team we are looking for a Mechanical Lead Engineer.
The main activities
We will not encounter a “standard” client in the world of data centres. As a Mechanical Lead Engineer you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world!
Beyond the standard features of a building, a data centre requires more of your knowledge and skills. You will design and work on high efficient cooling systems to remove the heat from the customer rooms. These cooling systems can be air or water based and shall meet all client requirements on redundancy, availability, concurrent maintainability. Additional to the data center cooling system you will design and work on HVAC installations for all offices and technical plant rooms as well as humidity control for the customer rooms. Your design shall be fully aligned with the electrical systems related to all electrical failure scenarios.
You are able to provide conceptual solutions for discussion as well as detailed design solutions with all required controls equipment and functional descriptions to provide detailed guidance to a mechanical contractor.
In addition, you ensure maximum security of a data centre by designing the most effective and inventive installations related to fire suppression, intrusion protection and access control!
Together with the Electrical design your designs are 80% leading to the total integral design (and additional costs). You are therefore leaders (Lead E and Lead M) in the design process and after the completion you will contribute to the compliance during construction.
The challenge is even greater, because our Brown Field Services team is always working in a live Data Centre, a failure of the client environment should be avoided at all times.
Risk management, execute assessments, Testing and Commissioning protocols belong to your daily work.
Do you see this as the challenge that you have always been looking for, we would like to welcome you to our Brown Field Services team as a Lead Mechanical Engineer Data Centres/Mission Critical Facilities.
You will work in a professional team with appealing international and local projects. We offer you a multidisciplinary environment with leading experts in the field of data centre engineering.
- Manage and deliver the mechanical work packages in multiple projects;
- Identify the scope of work for the mechanical discipline, design and management objectives and deliver project documentation, ensuring the quality and flow of information required for contractors, vendors and regulatory authorities;
- Write technical specifications and reports for tender;
- Assist the project manager in the preparation / review of project costs during the project life cycle;
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring continuous technical professional development;
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepared tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews. Evaluate proposals and recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection;
- Write technical specifications for tender;
- Represent the firm on factory acceptance tests and site Testing and Commissioning activities for various electrical packages;
- Communicate status of projects to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
In order to meet this challenge, we expect that you meet the following conditions:
- You have a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or HIT-E;
- You have 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in HVAC design and / or installation design;
- You have a good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry;
- You have a good knowledge and understanding of the daily (operational) business of our clients;
- You have an entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude;
- You are result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude;
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients;
- You have a good command of English both written and spoken;
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding will always be based on your personal competences. We offer a wide range of personal development courses.
Furthermore you will receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment.
For more information, please, contact Marco Wenzkowski at telephone number: +31 6 52698946.