We have an exciting opportunity for a
Marine Pipelines Engineer to join the team based in our Newcastle upon
You will work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects in the UK and overseas within the field of marine intakes and outfalls, covering:
- Subsea water supply pipelines
- Waste water treatment works outfalls
- Intakes and outfalls for power stations, desalination plants and industrial cooling water systems
- Oil and gas landfall pipelines
- Cable landfalls
From time to time you may also be required
to support wider UK maritime business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as designer for marine pipeline projects from concept through to detailed design.
- Produce sketch concepts drawings and general arrangements to relevant standards.
- Produce and check design calculations to appropriate standards from initial concepts to FEED or detailed design stage.
- Undertake inspections and surveys, prepare reports and provide site supervision on projects.
- Liaise with other disciplines and teams as required on the projects (such as internal coastal, hydraulic, environmental, mechanical and electrical engineers, external subconsultants or contractors).
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents and specifications.
- Liaise with third parties regarding consents and approvals.
- Develop innovative solutions with the aim of providing design efficiencies or other benefits for clients.
Qualifications, Skills and
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the design of drainage, water or wastewater infrastructure including gravity networks, pumped systems and/or pumping stations.
- Demonstrate understanding of engineering principles related to the choice of pipe materials, hydraulic design and modelling.
- Knowledge of the construction methods relating to pipe installations.
- Proficient in the use of standard computer software (e.g. MS Office).
- Working with others to produce 2D & 3D designs and associated documents (such as technical memos or specifications).
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Understanding of Designers responsibilities under CDM Regulations.
- Experience in marine pipelines, intakes and outfalls, and knowledge of relevant design standards.
- Experience of working with major utility companies in the UK.
- Understanding of civil and environmental engineering in a marine environment.
- Evidence of Project Management experience and delivery to time, budget and quality.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience leading small design teams.
- Driving innovation, digital and BIM developments within projects.
- Member (or working towards membership of) a relevant professional institution.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.