Within the Business Line Industry & Buildings, the Business Unit Multinationals II is among other things responsible for the consultancy services and implementation of Mission Critical Facilities in data centre projects. Within the Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team at Royal HaskoningDHV we deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the data centre market. We have experts in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Architectural, Fire safety, Controls and Security engineering and combine this knowledge and expertise to develop integrated and innovative detailed designs for data centres.
We will not encounter a “standard” client in the world of data centres. As an Electrical Lead Engineer you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world!
Beyond the standard features of a building, a data centre requires more of your knowledge and skills. You will design power supplies of 5 volts DC to 150 kV substations and all distribution, storage, redundancy and uninterruptible power supplies thereby apply. In addition, you ensure maximum security of a data centre by designing the most effective and inventive installations related to fire protection, intrusion protection and access control!
Your designs are 80% leading to the total integral design (and additional costs). You are therefore leader in the design process and after the completion you will contribute to the compliance during construction. The challenge is even greater, because our clients demand superior quality and often expect an operational data centre within a year. Do you see this as the challenge that you have always been looking for, we would like to welcome you to our team as a Lead Electrical Engineer Data Centres / Mission Critical Facilities.
You will work in a professional team with appealing international and local projects. We offer you a multidisciplinary environment with leading experts in the field of data centre engineering.
- Manage and deliver the electrical work packages in at least two projects daily;
- Identify the scope of work for the electrical discipline, design and management objectives and deliver project documentation, ensuring the quality and flow of information required for contractors, vendors and regulatory authorities;
- Write technical specifications and reports for tender
- Assist the project manager in the preparation / review of project costs during the project life cycle;
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring continuous technical professional development;
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepared tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews.
- Evaluate proposals and recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection;
- Write technical specifications for tender;
- Represent the firm on factory acceptance tests and site commissioning activities for various electrical packages;
- Communicate status of projects to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
In order to meet this challenge, we expect that you meet the following conditions:
- You have a bachelor degree in electrical engineering or HIT-E;
- You have 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in high voltage design and / or installation design;
- You have a good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry;
- You have an entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude;
- You are result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude;
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients;
- You have a good command of English both written and spoken;
- You will be based in Nijmegen. As our clients are based all over the Netherlands and internationally, so flexibility towards traveling is expected.
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding will always be based on your personal competences. We offer a wide range of personal development courses. Furthermore you will receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment.
For more information, please, contact Roy Scheidsbach at telephone number: +31 6 29557028.
No agency acquisition please!