Royal HaskoningDHV is a worldwide
engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with its headquarters in
the Netherlands and 6000 colleagues spread over 140 countries and we have been
around for more than 137 years.
InterVISTAS Consulting Inc. (“InterVISTAS”) is a global management consulting services firm with offices in the USA and Canada and is a member of the Royal HaskoningDHV (RHDHV) group of companies.
InterVISTAS/RHDHV are seeking a Design Change Manager to join our team of professionals providing services to a major multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce. This position will work within the very successful Business Unit “Multinationals - Project Management & Consultancy” which has a broad customer base consisting of an array of the largest multinational companies worldwide.
Employment for this position will be with InterVISTAS, and the position location will be in Seattle, WA based in our Client’s office.
DESIGN CHANGE MANAGER - Essential Functions:
The Design Change Manager shall be responsible for administering the change management system, process, and documentation for Requests for Information (RFIs), Design Change Request (DCRs), and Design Change Instruction (DCIs). These activities consist of the following:
- Requests for Information [RFI] - Responsible for receiving and answering (or facilitating responses for) all RFIs. Based on the World-Wide Building Design Standards and building design templates, various internal and external stakeholders may have questions. These should be raised via the RFI procedure (i.e. form submission via email or RFI Portal). You should coordinate the receipt, filing, logging, and distribution to subject matter experts. Also, you will be responsible for overall tracking, follow-up, quality control, content check and distribution of answers to requesters;
- Design Change Requests (DCR) - Responsible for coordination of all DCRs. DCRs may be submitted by a specific stakeholder or a Design Program Manager (i.e. from an email, RFI, or DCR Portal). You are responsible for overall coordination of the process (receipt, filing, logging, and distribution to stakeholders and approval processes) and ensuring proper follow-up based on the DCR outcome. You are also responsible for attending, taking notes, and distributing meeting minutes for the Design Review Board meetings;
- Design Change Instructions (DCI) - Responsible for coordination of all DCIs. DCIs might be issued after the DCR procedure has been completed, based on design changes to the Worldwide Design Standards, or issuance of a new or updated Template Building Design. You will be responsible for gathering all relevant information for the DCI, filing attachments in the appropriate locations, align with relevant stakeholders, helping to complete and provide quality control of the DCI cover page, and communicating to the appropriate stakeholders
Primary behaviour and Motivations of our ideal Design Change Manager:
- Work well with other design and engineering professionals
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effortlessly adjust yourself in an international and culturally diverse environment
- Have demonstrated your ability to work on fast paced projects / programs
- Be a leader with a transparent, proactive, enthusiastic and confident management style
- Be able to build and maintain a trusted partner status with our Clients
- Have full understanding of international standards of service and commitment to excellence in terms of quality, project / program and Client accountability
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters’ degree in Architecture/ Building Engineering related profession
- Minimum 2+ years of related experience
- Understanding of a project’s design life cycle
- Knowledge of design coordination
- Organized and confident; graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential; proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential
- Strong attitude towards personal and professional development as well as teamwork
An opportunity to make a difference in a challenging position. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer an inspiring working environment in a professional and internationally successful company. Characteristic of our company are the freedom and responsibility to develop own initiatives. Our company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability. We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
Find out more about us at www.intervistas.com and www.royalhaskoningdhv.com.
To apply for this position, forward your cover letter and your resume to careers@InterVISTAS.com and quote “Design Change Manager” in the email subject line.