Do you want to be a global leader in port terminal
automation as part of an independent organization with world leading (digital) services in the maritime
It is our vision to provide our clients exceptional added value, making a positive impact on their operational performance and sustainability. As part of our Smart Port offerings You will grow and strengthen the position of Terminal Automation Services and Products in Royal HaskoningDHV. Key to the role is to bring theory to practice, so applying knowledge and expertise in Royal HaskoningDHV terminal automation opportunities from the very first day. You will develop yourself in to a global leader by the guidance of our top expert Bob.
Your tasks and role objectives include:
- Through client engagement you will be involved in the realization of large and complex automation projects on terminals worldwide providing and selling services like business process modeling, simulation, business requirements gathering, procurement, implementation, go-live, performance improvements, project audits and data transformation.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of our Terminal Automation Services;
- Be the deputy director for Terminal Automation;
- To strengthen and maintain the Terminal Automation global market position;
- Implement a cost effective and realistic portfolio of Service Blocks and Products;
- Be the advisor for Terminal Automation solutions - leading and contributing to projects;
- Be inspirator and mentor of staff enabling them to grow their career in Terminal Automation / Smart Ports consultancy;
- Present Terminal Automation / Smart Port Services at conferences and customer workshops;
- Challenge and keep our customers up to date with future trends and thinking
What we are offering you
- The opportunity to make a difference in a key role in our strategic Smart Ports business.
- A good work-life balance through flexible working hours, 28 leave days based on a 40hr work week, laptop and mobile phone so you can work when and wherever you like;
- Excellent education and development opportunities;
- The freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style;
- Additional bonuses based on our financial results and strategic targets;
- Good retirement arrangements by our own pension fund (partner/child pension included);
- Personal budget which can be used for additional leave days, buy an E-bike, or just use it for additional salary;
- You are a team player with solid terminal operational and technical competence on greenfield- or brownfield container terminals worldwide.
- You are likely to be in a similar role in a (niche) consultancy setting or working for a terminal industry vendor or port or terminal operator that implemented mission critical automated solutions.
- You have a broad professional global network, which should include: port and terminal operators, equipment suppliers, system and technology vendors and consultants.
- You are experienced in planning and defining the operational and functional requirements for automated terminals and providing advice to port and terminal operators on the choice of manufacturer or operating systems on at least two terminals;
- Program manager skills, taking the lead, able to create stakeholder buy-in and steer on successful delivery;
- You can easily connect and motivate people from different organization levels and understand the business opportunity for terminal automation services in a consultancy setting;
- Preferably you are from or living in Europe and are open to frequent worldwide travel (at least 1 time per month for 2 days to 2 weeks).
We consider it an asset if you have:
- A passion for technology and a desire to drive digital services in a consultancy environment;
- Consultancy experience including developing services related to terminal automation;
- Team building and management experience
- Track record for leading large and complex projects.
For this position our preference for location is the head-office location in Amersfoort,
The Netherlands. An open office space that stimulates co-creation, located in a nice forestry surrounding.
Are you our new terminal automation deputy director that wants to build new business with us?
Unlock your potential! Please upload your motivation letter and cv or LinkedIn profile by clicking on the application button before the 15th of March.
Pre-screening will start from that date or sooner
Preferred start date asap.
Would you like to know more about the job, interview process or salary-indication? Please e-mail email@example.com (lead recruiter maritime & aviation)
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated