This role will
be based within the Architectural Department and have dual aspects. Firstly
leading the design and management of architectural teams on specific projects;
ranging from developing
concept design to technical documentation for tender, construction and license submission. The second aspect
of this role involves operational support for daily management of the
Architectural Department in close collaboration with the Department Manager. It
is expected that the project lead responsibilities will comprise approximately
70% of the role, whilst the remaining time will be dedicated to management
support. Since this will be a new role,
the division of time between different duties may vary as the position evolves.
RHDHV recognises the importance of People Leadership through developing enthusiastic leaders whom colleagues feel that they can learn from. This creates an environment that both colleagues and clients alike can respect & trust, allowing RHDHV to work smart in order to deliver innovative solutions. Therefore the Architectural Team Leader will need to be a creative thinker who is self‐motivated and able to work independently in a proactive manner whilst maintaining regular communications with the Architectural Team at all levels.
Non‐project related management duties to help the Architectural Department to refine its working methods. The objective is to build an appropriate work methodology; and also train, coach, and transfer knowledge to the Architecture team so they can work more independently with less reliance on the Department Manager.
- Assist in defining new templates, guidelines and working procedures, to increase the Department’s quality and efficiency.
- Assist in Architectural resource planning management.
- Assist with recruitment of staff.
- Assist in preparation of proposals.
- Assist in development of architectural team members Design, Technical, IT Software skills and organise appropriate training opportunities.
- Identify staff that require further training, or are having problems with their tasks.
- Provide induction training for new staff on Department procedures, standards, information, techniques so that they can quickly familiarize and be work ready within a minimal timeframe.
- Coordinating information/communication within the department and between departments where required.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Architecture Department Manager to improve systems and capability building, and facilitate smooth operation of the Department.
Project related duties likely to form part of the daily tasks encountered as the project develops over the various stages. Whilst you may be assigned to lead specific projects, you may also be asked to assist on other projects as required.
- Liaise with clients/PMs to define project brief, basis of design and project deliverables.
- Analyse design constraints (regulations, site, logistics, hygiene, etc.) in order to determine starting parameters for each project.
- Brief project team in detail, including an explanation of the site, project, programme, team structure, etc.
- Disseminate and explain all relevant project correspondence to the project team.
- Lead design team to produce a strong fit design solution for each project.
- Ensure all documents are fully co‐ordinated with internal design disciplines and other external consultants.
- Support the team on any issues related to either Design or Technical aspects of the project.
- Design review for compliance and construction feasibility.
- Develop a good understanding of local and international regulations and design standards applicable to projects.
- Develop thorough knowledge of and compliance with the company procedures and standards.
- Manage the project team to ensure tasks are completed accurately, efficiently & on‐time.
- Monitor the team’s performance, and provide feedback informally and through formal Performance Reviews.
- Weekly reporting to PM/DM on project progress, milestones and time spent.
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 7 years relevant working experience; international experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Be a strong and pro-active team leader with good presentation skills.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in early design phases such as Concept and Schematic Design.
- Desire for greater responsibility to improve the architectural department and staff.
- Understanding the impact of architectural design changes on project budget and deadlines.
- Good technical skill and experience in coordinating with other disciplines.
- Experience working on complex, large scale projects; industrial experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Confident working in an international organization