Our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans.
Our London Maritime Team has a strong reputation in the industry for the delivery of significant major international projects including large greenfield port development projects and we have a strong focus on being at the cutting edge of digital engineering and services.
As a Senior/Principal Port Planner, you will be an important part of the team responsible for the delivery of complex marine planning projects. You will help develop innovative port planning tools using the latest modelling and simulation software and encourage repeat business from key accounts by delivering outstanding client value.
You will lead the development of port and terminal masterplanning for a wide range of sectors and commodities including containers, automotive and general cargo, on national and international level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing guidance and mentoring to junior port planners within the London team
- Developing strong relationships with clients and contribute to the continued growth of the port planning team
- Contributing to the digitalisation and innovation of port and terminal masterplanning
- Engaging in the global port planning team
You will be able to demonstrate a sound technical awareness with your background showing the following:
- Chartered or approaching chartered status with a recognised industry body (e.g. ICE, IEE, MIMechE) is preferred
- A degree in Civil and/ or Maritime Engineering or related subject (Masters level is advantageous)
- Experience in delivering master plans for port infrastructure
- Other relevant experience in the port and maritime infrastructure sector (e.g. design, construction, operations)
- Experience leading and developing junior team members
- Experience of collaborative working in teams and with other disciplines
- Experience of terminal automation would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.