Often an essential part of a planning application, a Transport Assessment is a comprehensive and systematic appraisal that sets out the transport issues relating to a specific development. The Transport Assessment is likely to be required by the local planning authority to show that a new development is sustainable in transport terms and complies with national and local guidance on transport policy. With almost 30 years’ experience in the development field, Royal HaskoningDHV can bring its specialist knowledge and expertise to the preparation of Transport Assessment for major retail, residential, industrial, office, hotel and leisure, mixed use and regeneration schemes.
We are used to working on a wide range of Transport Assessments from the simple to the complex, depending on the scale of the development, the sensitivity in planning terms and the intricacies of the relevant highways and transportation issues. Our Transport Assessments can be used as part of the transport section of an Environmental Statement, which is usually required for major developments, and are produced with sufficient evidence to withstand the scrutiny of a potential public inquiry. For smaller schemes, we can produce a Transport Statement – a shorter, simplified version of the Transport Assessments – which will be equally robust.
The Transport Assessment can also identify mitigation measures where they are deemed necessary to aid the project’s progress through the planning process. Our technical experts are experienced in developing acceptable mitigation measures in partnership with the local authority’s Highways officers. Our outstanding traffic engineering and design skills, along with our detailed knowledge of the planning process and the influences that can be brought to bear on it, give us the ability to produce a cost-effective Travel Assessment that will play a key part in securing planning consent for your development.
Diensten binnen dit gebied
- Assetmanagement en verhardingen
- Assetmanagement en verkeerssystemen
- Autonome voertuigen: slim op weg
- Beleving en veiligheid
- DATACK: The visual datastream
- FAST: de anticiperende (verkeerslicht)netwerkregeling
- Grip op de kosten bij assetmanagement
- Inspectie en conditiemeting bij assetmanagement
- Introductieworkshop CROW Beheersystematiek Openbare Ruimte
- Milieuzones en emissieloze zones
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS): anders van A naar B
- Openbaar Vervoer
- Parkeeroplossingen voor auto en fiets
- Risicobewust beheer van riolering
- Risicogestuurd beheer en onderhoud
- Snel inzicht in geregistreerde ongevallen met nieuwe App
- Stedelijke en regionale mobiliteit
- Toekomstbestendige tunnels en beweegbare kunstwerken
- Verkeersveiligheid & human factors
- Vernieuwing van walmuren