Across the UK, Royal HaskoningDHV plays a critical role in unlocking strategic land sites for development, and successfully securing consent and allocations through the planning process.
The housing shortage in the UK has resulted in the government and local authorities prioritising the strategic development of large parcels of land across the country.
Local authorities are increasingly seeking garden villages and new settlements, as well as urban extensions through their plan making process, and regionally important areas of growth are being identified alongside major infrastructure projects. All of these developments present opportunities for major landowners, land promoters, and consortia to bring forward strategic sites for development.
Our multidisciplinary team has experience and an enviable track record in addressing the many challenges that strategic land developments can present, whether these be political, commercial or technical.
This is derived through our ability to proactively recognise and respond to changes in the planning system that have the potential to affect your development.
Our expertise spans every aspect of a strategic land development, including:
- Advising land owners and promoters on technical matters relating to land option or promotion agreements
- Input to due diligence processes, including high level constraints planning relating to infrastructure and land use and density planning
- Development of strategic master plans for:
- New settlements
- Urban extensions
- Residential or retail-led major development sites
- Addressing technical matters required to support sites through the Local Plan Call for Sites process, Regulation 18 consultations, and Examination in Public
- Development of Supplementary Planning Documents and input to policy and strategy documents to support the promotion of strategic land sites through the planning process
- Technical support in the development of proposals, including:
- Strategic or micro-simulation transport modelling
- Assessment and mitigation of flood risk and surface water drainage constraint
- Land quality analysis including remediation of contaminated land
- Provision of the full suite of engineering and environmental technical reports to support planning applications, including:
- Transport Assessment
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Ecology Reports
- Environmental Impact Assessment
Please get in touch with our team of experts to discuss your strategic land project requirements