A comfortable and safe buildingHow a visitor experiences an area like a station, museum, airport, hospital or shopping centre is largely determined by the building. Besides functionality, the building must give the visitor a good feeling. A spacious entrance hall, safe hallways and comfortable and attractive waiting rooms are vital to a visitor’s experience. After all, a satisfied visitor will be more likely to return and use the facilities provided in the building.
A small modification can make a difference
Based on years of experience, Royal HaskoningDHV (NPC) knows which minor changes can affect a visitor’s experience. We help clients with questions such as:
- How do I ensure that a renovation will not detract from my visitors’ experience?
- How do I create a sense of calm in my busy entrance hall?
- How do I reduce the experiential waiting time of my visitors?
- How can I make travellers in a train or underground station feel safer in tunnel passageways?
- How do I ensure that a vacant shop or space does not detract from the atmosphere in the rest of the building?
- How do I create extra seating capacity without hindering pedestrian flows?