We are looking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer to deliver and manage consultancy services to our current clients. This position will sit within our Peterborough Industry & Buildings team.
You will manage a range of projects from industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining a client’s design brief to inspection/auditing, specification, design, and management projects. You will be flexible, dynamic with the ability to assist in the development of our growing team.
Main work area’s will be:-
Technical development and management of design projects:
- Preparation of designs for and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs.
- Production of design calculations including using 3D modelling software, checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others.
- Producing sketch drawings / details for drawing / modelling by others and complete checking and reviewing of these prior to issue.
- Preparation of specifications, and assistance with contract documents.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to design engineers in the Civil & Structures team and other project design teams.
- Provide internal team Project Management on projects as required acting as client/design team interface and co-ordination with others.
- Carry out inspections and surveys, preparation of reports, structural analysis and reporting.
Commercial and management duties:
- Assisting the Advisory Group in proposal writing, marketing and business development for structural work as required
- Commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring that projects show a profitable result.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BEng / MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering
- CEng, MIStructE / MICE
- Substantial post education experience
- Experience in the following areas preferred:- People Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Food and Beverage
- Design / Consultancy
- Knowledge and practical experience of Calculation / modelling Software:
- TEKLA Structural Designer
- STAAD Pro
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.