We are looking to recruit an ambitious Senior Structural Engineer to join our Peterborough or Birmingham Industry & Buildings team, to become an integral member of our skilled structures team and assist with our growing workload.
You will manage a range of projects from industrial and commercial clients. Project responsibility will be varied from inception of defining a client’s design brief to inspections, specifications, design, and management of projects. You will be flexible and dynamic with the ability to assist in the development of our growing team.
Our projects cover a wide range of building structures including industrial, people buildings, food & beverage, automotive and many more. We design in all materials, though a majority of our projects are steel or concrete framed structures.
Main work area’s will be:
- Technical development and management of design projects:
- Preparation of designs for buildings and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs.
- Production of design calculations including using 3D modelling software, checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others.
- Producing sketch drawings / details for drawing / modelling by others and complete checking and reviewing of these prior to issue.
- Preparation of specifications, and assistance with contract documents.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to design engineers in the Civil & Structures team and other project design teams.
- Provide internal team Project Management on projects as required acting as client/design team interface and co-ordination with others.
- Carry out inspections and surveys, preparation of reports, structural analysis and reporting.
Required Skills and Experience
- BEng / MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Ideally Chartered or nearly Chartered Engineer - CEng, MIStructE / MICE
- Substantial post education experience
- Experience in the following areas preferred:
- - Industrial Buildings
- Food and Beverage
- People Buildings
- Knowledge and practical
experience of Calculation / modelling Software:
- TEKLA Structural Designer
- STAAD Pro
- Hold a full UK driving licence
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be
processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible
that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore,
the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when
applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank
you for your understanding. For further information or questions please
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.