We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join our existing team delivering and managing consultancy and design services for our UK-based and international clients.
is a stimulating opportunity to work within a growing, vibrant, and experienced
team for some of the world’s most recognised companies. Project
responsibilities range from inception to detailed design delivery and site
support; with duties including defining design brief, site inspections, and the
design and specification of mechanical building services.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have an extensive experience of a range of projects; including work within the industrial and commercial sectors. The candidate should have demonstrable knowledge of mechanical building services design and be able to show flexibility, dynamism, and the ability to assist in the development of our growing team.
- Provide expertise on a broad range of mechanical building services projects.
- Demonstrate experience in the design and co-ordination of mechanical services systems in the built environment.
- Show accuracy and diligence in the production of design deliverables.
- Bring an innovative approach to develop and implement concepts.
- Engage fully with advancements in digital ways of working.
- Assist in the identification of new and relevant opportunities and development towards winning new work.
- Work to further own knowledge of industry advances and legislative updates and share expertise with junior team members.
- Work fully within our Integrity Policy.
The role will be based in Birmingham; however you will need to be flexible and able to work elsewhere in the UK and may require overseas travel for short periods as required. The applicant should be in possession of a full UK driver’s license and a current passport.
Design Experience We'd like to see:
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems ( HVAC)
- Local Extract Ventilation Systems ( LEV)
- Low Temperature Hot Water Systems( LTHW)
- Chilled / Cooling Water Systems
- VRF-Refrigerant based Heating and Cooling solutions
- Domestic Hot & Cold Water Systems
- Above Ground Drainage Systems
- Natural Gas
What you'll be doing:
- Provide a fundamental understanding and working knowledge of technical disciplines and the relevant current and draft standards and codes of practice including statutory legislation (eg CDM).
- Working knowledge of industry standard documentation, guides, and legislation.
- Ability to work with international or foreign national standards including developing a sound understanding to enable implementation (eg ISO, ASHRAE, NFPA, NEC, or similar).
- Undertake inspections and production of condition survey reports, feasibility studies, design strategies, and concept definition reports.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
- Engage in the production of digital design deliverables and the ongoing adoption of digital design delivery
- Assist in project control and site supervision as required.
- Plan, organise and manage work packages or projects.
- Comply with company’s standards and Quality Management System.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in full accordance with corporate QMS procedures and that financial monitoring and control measures are implemented accordingly.
- Attend progress, design team, and co-ordination meetings & represent the company in a professional and ethical manner at all times; taking the lead role where necessary.
- Handling queries and giving sound advice both internally and externally.
- Undertaking assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely and cost-effective results.
- Contribute to the production of fee proposals and pre-qualification documents.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- Good project management skills,
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Team player,
- Independent thinker,
- Good organiser,
- BEng (Hons) or MEng in Mechanical/Building Services Engineering
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Status
- Suitable post education experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Energy from Waste
Knowledge and/or practical experience of:
NBS Chorus (Engineering Services)
Revit (including MagiCAD)
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore, the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding. For further information or questions please contact: email@example.com
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.