We’ve been around for more than 135 years.
We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we
master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the
future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs
connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an
ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective
intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercially savvy
engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports,
ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and
fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. We
enhance society together!
Senior Environmental Consultant – Waste
We are searching for a consultant with specialist waste technical knowledge who will proactively contribute to our in-house technical waste work, ensuring the quality meets our stakeholders’ expectations. You will join and work in our Environment team with over 120 professionals, providing technical oversight and guidance on matters relating to waste.
You will provide practical solutions to clients’ waste management issues by delivering the principles of the waste hierarchy to developments within the constraints imposed by waste regulation, permitting and waste classification.
You will have a close working relationship with the land quality discipline and with other technical disciplines including transport, maritime, water, and geotechnical specialists, and provide materials’ management, waste support and advice across the business.
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in environmental science, or related scientific discipline.
- Membership of Chartered Institution of Wastes Management or other appropriate Professional Body.
- Excellent waste management technical skills from waste classification and waste regulation, to permitting and planning consent experience and liaison with regulatory authorities.
- Good knowledge of waste management legislation, waste hierarchy principles and a good working understanding of material reuse and the application of the CL:AIRE Code of Practice.
- Solid understanding of the EIA process, and guidance affecting waste management impact assessment work.
- Up-to-date market and sector knowledge affecting the waste sector to guarantee work quality and guide others.
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills including statistics for interpretation of analytical data affecting waste classification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills.
- Proven track record in robust project management (including financial), ensuring effective execution, where applicable under a Senior Project Manager, in line with Project Management guidelines and Management System procedures.
- At least 7 years’ experience in consultancy.
- Strong network across relevant industry sectors, including both clients and relevant regulators.
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations.
- Working knowledge of CDM and standard health and safety controls.