We have an opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant (Terrestrial) to join our Environmental team across one of the UK offices. You will be an enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills and technical ability.
You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment and be able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. Willingness to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams will be key to the successful execution of the role. You will contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and supporting acquisition, of projects of various sizes. You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the Environment group.
You will have extensive experience in consenting onshore infrastructure projects, including under the DCO process, will be responsible for the management and delivery of environmental assessment projects, including the coordination and leadership of multidisciplinary teams. Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the company in client offices, regulator and stakeholder meetings and sometimes high-pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously.
This position would be suitable for someone looking for part time work, a minimum of 22.5 hours per week required.
Main work area’s will be:-
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in a core science, environmental science, or related discipline
- Relevant consultant level experience in development/EIA consultancy
- Experience working with statutory regulators and consultees
- Experience Working with communities and key stakeholders
- Good understanding of UK environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy
- Robust project management and financial management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
- Confidence at the client- and stakeholder-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore, the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding. For further information or questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.