We are currently looking for a Senior Environmental Consultant (Marine) – Marine EIA and Marine Licencing who is enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills and technical ability.
You will be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment. You will be able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. Willingness to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams will be key to the successful execution of the role. They must contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes including (potentially) energy including nuclear new builds, port expansion works, channel deepening and dredging schemes, and other similar developments at the coast and offshore.
You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the coastal and marine team.
You will have extensive experience in the marine sector and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework will be responsible for the management and delivery of environmental assessment projects, including the coordination and leadership of multidisciplinary teams.
Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the company in client offices, regulator meetings and sometimes high pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously.
Main work areas will be:-
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime
- Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment
- General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in environmental science, or related discipline
- Experience in marine development/EIA consultancy
- Experience in post-consent project delivery
- Experience working with Marine regulators e.g. MMO, Natural England, Cefas
- Understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy
- Robust project management and financial management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.