As QHSE management consultant (UK) you have three different roles:
Member of the corporate Quality, Health & Safety and Environment (QHSE) team
Representative corporate QHSE in the UK and region
Country QHSE Coordinator (QMC) in UK
QHSE management consultant UK:
- Support the corporate QHSE team with the development, improvement and maintenance of the RHDHV management system as needed.
- Pro-actively initiate and contribute to QHSE team developments and meetings.
- Lead internal projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the RHDHV management system, the RHDHV way of working and our QHSE performance.
- Support the UK region with the RHDHV management system implementation, compliance and improvement including coordinating relevant communication.
- Coordinate planning, execution and follow-up of External QHSE audits within the UK in cooperation with global coordinator of QHSE audits.
- On request Coordinate planning, execution and follow-up of External QHSE audits in other countries than UK in cooperation with global coordinator of QHSE audits.
- Prepare internal QHSE audit plan for the UK in cooperation with global coordinator of QHSE audits , local management teams, Business Line Internal Processes Advisors (IPAs) and QHSE Management Coordinators (QMCs).
- Conduct and follow-up on internal QHSE audits for the UK as well as coordinating internal QHSE auditor teams. These internal QHSE audits include management, project and office audits.
- On request conduct and follow-up on internal QHSE audits in countries other than UK in coordination with the global coordinator of audits. These internal QHSE audits include management, project and office audits.
- Business Unit (BU)/ Advisory Group (AG) specific QHSE Support in cooperation with IPAs and BU QMCs.
- Develop training material (e.g. QHSE Videos/e-learning) to improve RHDHV management system awareness globally.
- Develop, improve and conduct ongoing QHSE training as needed by the business on the RHDHV management system, relevant tools (e.g. Insight, Box, Asite), H&S at Work Act 1974, Sustainability, Integrity & Compliance etc.
- Provide input and review applicable QHSE year plans, periodical analysis and management reviews.
Country QHSE Coordinator UK:
- Support the UK management with HSE legal compliance as per the UK OHS and Environmental Legislation.
- Support the UK Management with Country specific QHSE reporting to Local Management Team (LMT).
- Manage improvements and maintain the UK country specific pages on Insight in line with corporate and country requirements.
- As applicable assist with Country specific accident and incident investigations and root cause analysis and report to appropriate agencies as necessary.
- Act as contact person for UK staff regarding QHSE related matters.
- Liaise with Country Incident Management teams UK in case of major incidents.
- Give general training on QHSE Management at UK staff Induction meetings and more specific training to management personnel.
- Assist with the preparation of pre-qualifications and proposals (QHSE Management parts) in coordination with BU QMCs.
- Assist and provide advice to IPAs/ BU QMC’s on the implementation and use of the RHDHV Management System and related topics in the UK.
- Assist and provide advice to UK project staff on the preparation of ‘Out of Office’ HSE risk assessments.
- Deal with actions and issues that arise from the UK on-line HSE training modules and from other sources.
- Carry out one to one assessments to individuals and vulnerable members of staff.
- Collate and analyse QHSE performance data (both UK as global), identify trends and root causes of underlying problems and propose/implement corrective actions and improvements as applicable.
- Execute UK office HSE risk assessments and work closely with Facility Management to ensure safe and healthy work places, including monitoring the agreed improvement actions.
- Principal point of contact for HSE matter consultancy advice.
- Prepare, maintain, review and update UK Country/Offices specific plans, assessments and registers to comply to HSE Legal & Other requirements including ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Regularly review applicable UK (Office) HSE legislation and other requirements, implement any changes as necessary, and communicate such changes to relevant parts of the organisation.
- Advise the UK H&S Committee and provide input and participate in committee meetings.
- Willing to travel;
- Pro active;
- Team player;
- Culture sensitive;
- Well developed communication skills, both in writing and verbally;
- Able to communicate on different levels and in different countries;
- Knowledge of ISO standards 9001, 14001, 45001, 27001 and 19650;
- Knowledge and understanding of UK HSE legal and other requirements;
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Environmental legal and other requirements;
- Hold, or be willing to attain, a Nationally and Internationally recognised Health & Safety Qualification (NEBOSH / IOSH);
- Knowledge of or willingness to obtain knowledge of Joomla (Insight platform),Tableau and Asite;
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Knowledge of and experience with project management and related tools;
- Fluent English, verbal and written;
- UK based.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer