Royal HaskoningDHV is a leading independent, global project management and engineering consultancy service provider, undertaking several hundreds of millions of pounds worth of work internationally. In particular we have an excellent track record with major developers in a range of key infrastructure sectors.
We require an enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills and technical ability. The post holder will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment. The candidate must be able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. They must contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes including (potentially) energy including nuclear new builds, port expansion works, channel deepening and dredging schemes, and other similar developments at the coast and offshore. You will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the coastal and marine team.
The candidate, who will have extensive experience in the marine sector and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework (including DCO) will be responsible for the leadership, management and delivery of environmental assessment projects, including the coordination of multidisciplinary teams. Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the company in client offices, regulator meetings and sometimes high pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and project manage the delivery of coastal and offshore projects and project teams, including in the capacity of Project Director;
- Support the environment offer, and work with colleagues within the Business
HR RHD August 2016 Company Confidential Page 2 of 3
Unit and other Business Lines to ensure a coherent and integrated team supports client needs across a range of sectors and locations;
- Lead and actively contribute to high quality environmental consultancy projects including EIA, strategic studies (including SEA), audits, surveys, research and feasibility studies (in the UK and occasionally overseas). This can be expected to include: report writing, undertaking and organising data collection and survey work (within personal area of specialism), public and formal consultation, data and literature review, development of monitoring programmes, etc;
- Direct, determine and communicate key strategic decisions which affect the delivery of a project.
- Consult with stakeholders and regulators, and to remain up to date with policy and legislative development in a range of sectors;
- Foster leads, contact potential team members and to lead and assist with proposal preparation;
- Liaise with existing clients and contribute to co-ordinated development of new business, assisting in the implementation of marketing initiatives;
- Build, maintain and utilise a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners and represent own area of expertise within and outside of Royal HaskoningDHV to create a network that is sustainable and accessible and contributes to project success;
- Contribute proactively to the further growth and development of the team;
- Concurrently work on a number of commissions at different stages of the project lifecycle, organising work in a manner which ensures delivery of the required outputs on time, to budget and to quality;
- Effectively manage sub-consultants and be comfortable in the supervision of such contractors;
- Maintain a target utilisation level of 75-80%. The remainder of the working time should be focused on supporting targeted business development, or on training;
- Work on international projects which may involve short-term missions for surveys and consultation; and
- Represent and promote Royal HaskoningDHV within the environmental marketplace through the preparation of literature, attending meetings and possibly conferences and seminars.
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in environmental science, or related discipline;
- Significant experience in marine development/EIA consultancy;
- Experience in post-consent project delivery;
- Experience working with Marine regulators e.g. MMO, Natural England, Cefas;
- Excellent understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy;
- Robust project management and financial management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team;
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work;
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services;
- Confidence at the client-interface; and
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations.
Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore, the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding. For further information or questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer