We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Port Planner to join our London Maritime & Aviation team, to become an integral member of our skilled maritime team and assist with our growing workload. As a Port Planner, you will be an important part of the team responsible for the delivery of complex maritime planning projects. You will help develop innovative port planning tools using the latest modelling and simulation software and encourage repeat business from key accounts by delivering outstanding client value. You will develop port and terminal master planning projects for a wide range of sectors and commodities, including containers, automotive and general cargo, on national and international level. You will approach port planning from a civil engineering perspective, and will work closely with other parts of the business that focus on the environmental, commercial and other aspects of port planning.
What The Job Includes:
- Developing masterplanning projects, large and small, within our portfolio of port industry clients around the world, including government agencies and commercial global terminal operators
- Planning of small as well as large, complex projects in different phases and on different degrees of detail, including continuous follow-up
- Contributing to the digitalisation and innovation of port and terminal masterplanning
- Engaging in the global port planning team, including our Smart Ports team and Port Automation team
- On specific projects, technical development and management of maritime design projects, including production of design calculations (structural, fendering/mooring, etc), checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others
- Developing proposals and commercial offers
Skills & Qualifications:
You will have proven ability and a sound technical awareness in your field of expertise showing the following:
- Experience in working on master plans for port infrastructure and/or port planning projects
- Other relevant experience in the port and maritime infrastructure sector (e.g. design, construction, operations)
- Experience of simulation software (FlexSim or similar) would be advantageous
- Experience of collaborative working in teams and with other disciplines
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Good writing skills
- Capable of undertaking assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely and cost-effective results
- Chartered or approaching chartered status with a recognised industry body (e.g. ICE, IEE, MIMechE) is preferre
- A degree in Civil and/or Maritime Engineering or related subject (Masters level is advantageous)
- Able to travel on short-term business trips based upon business requirements, within the UK and internationally
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.