We’ve been around for
more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our
clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen
to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation
of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world.
Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting
our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial
savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities,
airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean
energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and
models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an
accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data
and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in
their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better
and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
Maritime Civil Engineer – Bridges
Background on our Maritime Team
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide-range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies and master plans.
You’ll join our Liverpool Maritime Team that specialises in Passenger Vehicle & Terminals. Our team is involved with many cruise and roll-on roll-off ferry terminal facilities around the world. From carrying out initial market studies and master planning commissions, to design, specification and construction supervision.
This new role will be based in our Liverpool office and will
provide support to the wider Maritime team. We are specialists in Maritime
Structures and in particular Passenger and vehicular link Bridges. So whether
your experience is in Marine or Terrestrial structures this role could be a
platform for your next career move.
- To provide technical support as required.
- Preparation of designs for maritime and associated structures, from initial concepts through to detailed designs
- Production of design calculations, checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others
- Producing sketch drawings and details for CAD drawing by others checking and reviewing of these prior to issue
- Preparation of specifications, Bills of Quantities and assistance with contract documents for construction projects
- Lead small teams in the delivery of projects
- Undertake client interfacing roles within the delivery team
- Carrying out inspections and surveys, preparation of reports, structural analyses and reporting
- Providing sound engineering judgement and advice
- Commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring that projects show a profitable result
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- CEng, MICE or very near to Chartered status
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Professional experience in planning and design of maritime works/heavy civils projects
- Experience in reinforced concrete and steel work design and finite element analysis
- Proven technical track record and ability;
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group;
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Commercially aware
- Track record in digital ways of working
- Understanding of BIM approach to projects
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.