Royal HaskoningDHV requires an enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in environmental consultancy.
You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment and be able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. Willingness to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams will be key to the successful execution of the role. You will contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
You will have experience in the terrestrial developments sector and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework, will focus primarily on managing their own project contribution and (small) projects and ensure execution, under the coordination of a project manager. You will be supported by experienced project managers and a team of expert technical advisors.
The successful candidate will be able to undertake work within the context of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process and the UK planning and Environmental Permitting systems. Project involvement typically includes renewables (onshore element of offshore wind developments), waste to energy projects, flood alleviation schemes, mixed use development schemes, as well as industrial sites.
This position would be suitable for someone looking for part time work, a minimum of 22.5 hours per week required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in a core science, environmental science, or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in development/EIA consultancy
- Good understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, UK planning and permitting systems and relevant government policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills
- Good understanding of the principles of robust project management (including financial), ensuring effective execution, where applicable under a Project Manager, in line with Project Management guidelines and Management System procedures
- Developing network across relevant industry sectors, including both clients and relevant regulators
- Commercial understanding and an interest in securing new business
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, Health and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.
you agree with our privacy statement.