We currently have an opportunity for an Environment Consultant - Geomorphology to join our Environmental teams based in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester with 2 years’ experience in a fluvial geomorphology position.
You will have experience in the river restoration and catchment management sector and appropriate knowledge of the regulatory framework (including the Water Framework Directive). You will also be expected to undertake work within the context of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process and the UK planning and Environmental Permitting systems (e.g. WFD compliance assessments etc.) for infrastructure projects (e.g. flood alleviation schemes, renewables (onshore element of offshore windfarm developments, waste to energy projects, mixed use development schemes, as well as industrial sites). You will manage your own project contribution within the setting of larger project teams and manage small projects in their own right, under the supervision of a project director. You will be supported by experienced project managers/directors and a team of expert technical advisors.
You will enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment, able to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. Willingness to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams will be key to the successful execution of the role.
Main work areas will be:
- Environmental consultancy
- River restoration and catchment management (including field survey, feasibility and option appraisal, design and supervision of implementation)
- Environmental investigations, monitoring, data analysis and assessment, including geomorphological walkover surveys, fluvial audit, sediment characterisation and interpretation of hydraulic model outputs
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and environmental appraisal
- WFD compliance assessment
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system; and
- Geomorphological support to senior technical specialists and the wider team.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.