We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
Civil Engineering Technician
The main role will be the inspection
and reporting on buildings and structures including masts and towers, instructed
by the project manager. The technician will be required to assist in the
preparation of engineering work in the office including reports and CAD
Following an initial period of in-house training, to become familiar with our working practices and ensure your safety when carrying out inspections, you will be able to perform most tasks with minimal supervision. It is expected that, in time, you will be able to take full responsibility for planning and safe execution of packages of work with minimum supervision.
You will be required to work to the company’s safe working procedures for inspections and work at height, and to other instructions regarding requirements for reporting.
You will be required to work to the company’s ‘Technician Handbook’ for drawing production, and quality control.
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- Civil Engineering technician with head for heights to undertake inspection work on buildings, masts, towers and other structures.
- An understanding of the construction process and how loads are transferred through structures.
- An understanding of the construction industry practices and legislation, as well as the Quality Management System and checking processes required within a busy design office.
- Good communicator with keen listening/questioning skills, and a good team member with good all round organisational skills.
- Able to work with minimal support, and produce quality reports and drawings to agreed deadlines.
- Be willing and able to be flexible with working hours during busy periods in the office in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in work location.
- Willing to travel.
- Head for heights and willing to undertake training required to undertake climbing inspections on structures.
- ONC Civil Engineering
- Awareness of CAD use in civil/structural projects
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Inspection and reporting experience
- 3D CAD experience
Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19 we cannot guarantee that your application will be processed according to our standard procedure. Be aware that it is possible that you might experience a delayed response to your application. Furthermore, the start date of the vacancy might change. Please keep this in mind when applying for this vacancy. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for your understanding. For further information or questions please contact: [email protected]
ONC candidates will be considered for day release for education towards an HNC and supported to become engineers through the ICE.
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.