We currently have opportunities for ad-hoc / contract Environmental Consultants – Terrestrial Ecology to work with us supporting our Environmental teams is Peterborough, Leeds, Manchester or London. You will support ongoing projects requiring ecological surveys and associated reporting which will require field and office / home based input.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes including energy developments (including wind, wave and tidal and nuclear new builds), port expansion works, channel deepening and dredging schemes, and other similar developments at the coast and offshore.
We require an enthusiastic, conscientious and talented person with excellent communication skills, willingness to learn and participate in the wider expectations of working for Royal HaskoningDHV. The candidate must be able to work in a team and independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK. They must contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
You will be expected to contribute to the delivery of first-class ecological/environmental assessment services to both internal and external clients, to undertake survey and reporting work.
Main areas of work are:-
• Environmental consultancy
• Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and environmental appraisal including habitats regulations assessment (HRA)
• Ecological field surveys, either as lead or second surveyor
• General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team
• Prepare and lead ecological surveys.
• Produce and review high quality reports to meet deadlines.
• Co-ordinate resources including in-house and sub consultants.
• Advise client (internal and external) and liaising with stakeholders in respect to ecological aspects (both terrestrial and ornithological).
• Contribute to the preparation of tenders, project and fee proposals.
• Liaise with other Royal HaskoningDHV staff within the Business Unit and other Business Lines and continue to build the profile of the terrestrial ecological services within company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, or related discipline;
• Membership of CIEEM, at least as Associate level but preferably Full Member
• Understanding of UK environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy;
• Managing and delivery a range of projects with experience in ecological/ornithological surveys and associated reporting and data analysis.
• Undertaking ecological surveys and mitigation using best practice.
• Mentoring and supervising junior staff.
• Good report writing and cost management skills.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As Royal HaskoningDHV operate projects with a BIM approach, you are expected to be aware of the UK BIM framework (previously known as BIM Level 2), your role within it and ideally have practical experience. If this is not the case, you will be expected to undertake the relevant training courses via our Digital Academy within your first 3 months of employment should you be successful.