There is an exiting opportunity for a C#.Net Developer to join our Digital Services Unit based at our Umhlanga office. This position is responsible for the development, enhancement and deployment of software solutions. The position requires four years’ experience in C#.Net with MVC concepts, and Web Application Development.
- Developing software and writing scripts as per specifications or requirements provided
- Development extends to Front-end, Middle Tier and Databases and includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services, Databases and Scripting.
- Unit testing / integration testing Features developed.
- Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
- Responsibility for end to end systems (small to medium size)
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience
- IT programming specific Diploma or related Degree
- At least 4 years of C#.Net development working experience
- Microsoft certifications - Advantageous
- GITHUB (or similar) repository of your own Work - Advantageous
- Experience with at least one DBMS such as: SQL Server/MySQL/Postgres.
- SQL Preferred.
- Exposure to NoSQLdocument-oriented approaches is advantageous
- Standard forms development using MVC or Single Page Application (Angular/React stack) is also acceptable
- Working knowledge of one or more client stacks.
- MVC Razor/Angular/React/.Net Forms.
- Solid understanding of MVC concepts is a must.
- Security awareness and practise with regards to OAuth/OpenID Connect/token-based authentication/claims-based authorisation/PKI infrastructure
- Understanding of all SQL constructs, and the ability to construct investigative queries and working knowledge of index optimisation
- Ability to write simple unit tests using an appropriate framework
- Ability to work within the continuous delivery and continuous deployment paradigm
- Understanding of version control systems like SVN, TFS and git
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player – energetic and co-operative
- Flexible, able to meet multiple deadlines and handle pressure
- Be well organized, systematic and logical
- Able to plan and prioritise workloadExcellent interpersonal and communication skills
In line with our Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates.