In our webinar at CAS 2021 we will show you how by demonstrating project examples in implementing different interventions of enhancing climate resilience and climate adaptation. We will discuss how private and public parties can work together in protecting a community, how critical infrastructure can be protected and how we can safeguard business continuity on a global scale for multinationals.
After an introduction by Lisette Heuer, Global Director Resilience at Royal HaskoningDHV, on risk and impact we will highlight the following project examples (demonstrating climate adaptation interventions & stakeholder ownership):
- Award Winning Nature Based Solution sandscaping at Bacton (UK) protecting the local communities of Bacton and Walcot and Bacton gas terminal against coastal erosion and give local tourism and economy a new impulse by Jaap Flikweert, Flood and Coastal Management Leading Professional UK at Royal.
This project has won the British Construction Industry Award Climate Resilience Project of the Year 2020 and the Exceptional Merit Award for Technical Excellence and Innovation by the Institute of Civil Engineers East of England.
- Creating & implementing the climate resilience strategy for Singapore airport by Vivekanandhan Sindhamani, Airport Consultant at NACO
- Uptime for predicting and understanding hazards impacting key assets and business processes of multinationals with complex supply chains enabling them to take the right preventative actions at the right time, make informed risk decisions, and safeguard business continuity, minimising your downtime by Djeevan Schiferli, Resilience Suite Lead at Royal HaskoningDHV.
Want to find out more?
Watch the webinar via the virtual 3D Climate Adaptation exposition via the button below. The 3D expo holds additional information for you on the speaker’s topics.
When? On demand
Lisette Heuer, Global Director Resilience at Royal HaskoningDHV
Jaap Flikweert, Flood and Coastal Management Leading Professional UK at Royal HaskoningDHV
Vivekanandhan Sindhamani, Airport Consultant at NACO
Djeevan Schiferli, Resilience Suite Lead at Royal HaskoningDHV
- Read Lisette’s blog: The real impacts of water and climate change risks.
- Watch Jaap’s vlog on collaboration between public and private parties.
- Read Vivek’s blog on how airports can be ambassadors for greater urban resilience.
- Watch Djeevan’s vlog on the vulnerability of businesses to climate change and how that impacts their bottom line.