A number of Royal HaskoningDHV’s experts will share their knowledge on flood and coastal risk at next week’s Flood & Coast conference (23-25 February) at the Telford International Centre.
Led by the Environment Agency, the conference aims to bring together local authorities, infrastructure owners, consultancies, contractors, businesses, community groups and universities to facilitate the exchange of innovation and best practice across the flood and coastal risk management sector.
Royal HaskoningDHV are Gold sponsors of the event and Fola Ogunyoye, Technical Director, is part of the advisory committee which helped shape the conference themes, select speakers and provide industry guidance.
The presentations from Royal HaskoningDHV’s experts are:
- Jaap Flikweert: The evolution of building with nature for flood and coastal risk management (Session chaired by Fola Ogunyoye)
- Greg Guthrie: Time, time, time is on my side – reflecting back to the future
- Fola Ogunyoye: Managing the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns – allowing for residual uncertainties in flood risk management
- Nick Cooper: “Biting the bullet” or “playing for time”? Difficult decisions along the North Yorkshire coast
- Keming Hu: Coastal flood risk assessment – achievements, issues and learnt lessons, and better practice
Royal HaskoningDHV are also presenting two poster sessions throughout the exhibition. Authors will present their posters during the breaks either side of the conference sessions they relate to:
- Thomas Green: Portsea Island Flood Protection – sharing lessons from the LPRG award-winning PAR
- Greg Guthrie: Today my SMP says “Hold the line” – tomorrow it says “No active intervention”
Fola Ogunyoye, Technical Director and Leading Professional for Flood Resilience at Royal HaskoningDHV commented: “Risk and resilience are the key themes for this year’s Flood & Coast conference. We look forward to our involvement in defining strategy and discussing the priorities for flood and coastal risk moving into the future.”Visit Royal HaskoningDHV at Stand C8 at the event.
For further information on the conference and timings for the talks visit www.floodandcoast.com