To lead team and provide process engineering support to increase efficiency, quality and productivity
- Perform conceptual and detailed designs
- Interface with other disciplines (Mechanical, Piping, I&E), project management, and the client to provide fully-coordinated projects.
- Support field construction efforts, including reviewing submittals, responding to questions from clients and contractors, and performing field walks.
- Working knowledge of process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles.
- Support routine optimization and troubleshooting of issues regarding process technologies at a direct reduction iron plant including Furnace operations and Material Handling.
- Support process commissioning and start-up activities.
- Develop and implement work schedules, test programs and special projects for the direct reduced iron processing operations, including sample plans, operating and analytical data requirements, and results analysis and reporting.
- Assists with establishing Key Processing “Best Practices” to improve profitability, including: operating conditions, feedstock processing, hardware change recommendations, monitoring process conditions, and unit performance reporting/comparison (benchmarking).
- Provide process control technical guidance and expertise to management, engineers, operating and lab employees on daily basis.
- In depth troubleshooting of plant processes (trends, communicating, hands-on field work and sampling).
- Direct and coordinate work performed by engineering consultants and contractors working on test programs or special projects.
- Lead team of 3-5 people, assign tasks, as well as provide continuous development in engineering and other areas for himself and team member.
- Chemical Engineering preferred, other engineering degree expectable based on prior work experiences Engineering Degree
- 6 years of experience in engineering design as facilities/plant engineer or consulting 7 years
- Knowledge of process control, statistics and project management required;
- Ability to work and manage a team within a cross functional organization;
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls;
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Candidate must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal communications
Experience in FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Chemical (non-Petrochemical and O&G) is a plus.