Role & Responsibilities
- Provides Project Management and Technical Leadership to the project consultant (PC) team and advise the client;
- Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of an urban infrastructure development project comprising components –water supply, sewerage, storm water drainage, water and wastewater treatment plants, and buildings, predominantly ;
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project including drawings, reports, specifications and studies;
- Takes up key responsibility in all aspects of development of sewerage, sewage pumping stations and sewage treatment plants;
- Reviews and evaluates effectiveness of system implementation and recommend actions;
- Ensures ADB policies are followed while implementing the project
- Render help and or guide the project team in appraisal of Water Supply, Sewerage and Storm Water Drainage projects.
- Assists PMU (Project Management Unit of client) in coordinating, reviewing and approving designs, specifications and cost estimates;
- Assists PMU in reviewing and endorsing bidding documents prepared;
- Assists the PMU as necessary in the evaluation of bids recommendation for award;
- Guides project team in construction supervision with respect to quality control procedures and quality control of the works to ensure works are executed in accordance with the plans, specifications and standards;
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Reviews construction schedules and monitors progress. Provides schedule to the client and apprises progress.
- Provides/ renders help in resolution of technical/ engineering problems and coordinates application of solutions to other works in the project;
- Reporting –Prepare and Consolidate monthly and quarterly progress reports prepared;
- Advise the PMU in the resolution of contractual issues;
- Performs other tasks that are appropriate with the position.