Royal HaskoningDHV’s cost consultants and quantity surveyors provide financial advice throughout the life of a project. Contract administration activities include:
- feasibility cost estimates
- cost planning at design stage
- preparation of pricing documents for bill of quantity or activity schedules
- financial appraisal of options
- monitoring and control of costs
- production of interim payment certificates
- regular financial statements
- pre-certified payments to contractors
Our pro-active approach to contract management means we can identify any potential concerns at the outset of a project, solve any arising issues, and provide ongoing advice and assistance.
Cost planning and estimates
We provide reliable cost estimates for project in their entirety, so our clients are able to make sound financial decisions and align budgets accordingly.
Our objectives are to:
- provide consistency to all estimate functions throughout the project
- involve stakeholders in preparing, evaluating and using the cost estimate to ensure all parties understand the process, expectations, desired outcomes and any associated risk
- provide estimates that consider all the financial and commercial aspects of the project so they can be easily assessed and approved
- continually review and update the methods we use to produce estimates so that information is current and relevant
- standardise formats so comparisons can be made between current and previous estimates
Procurement and contract advice
Understanding the need to consider more than just initial construction costs when determining a project’s viability, our quantity surveyors are adept at using costing techniques that consider the whole life of a construction project, from feasibility to construction, ongoing maintenance and sustainability.
We work to all standard forms of contract and procurement methods and offer advice on contract and tender documentation. We carry out detailed tender appraisals and comparisons and work closely with our customers to select and appoint contractors and evaluate suggested construction techniques.
Project management and cost consultancy
Our project management team has the experience and expertise to manage and deliver a wide range of projects from small refurbsihment schemes to major developments. Our experience covers the full scope of works, ranging from direct advice on methods of procurement, to final certification on project completion.
Typical pre and post contract services include:
- developing procurement strategies
- pre-budget estimates
- contractual advice
- business case preparation
- tender preparation
- cost estimates
- liaison with statutory authorities
- whole-life costing
- contract pre-qualification
- selection of tender organisations
- contract documentation
- bills of quantities and schedules of rates
- tender analysis and recommendation
- appointment of contractors
- progress monitoring
- payment certificates
- cash flow forecasting
- budget monitoring and variation orders
- measurement and agreement of works
- final account development
- pre-commissioning and commissioning
- hand-over and occupation
- claims and dispute resolution
Our teams work nationally and internationally on a broad range of projects including buildings, bridges, ports and flood defences. We are innovative in our approach, but focus on sound, efficient, project delivery.
Successful project delivery requires an integrated process in which design, construction, operation and maintenance are considered as a whole. Our sound project management approach integrates all involved parties to ensure a united commitment to quality, schedule and budget to bring about successful project delivery.
We achieve this by fostering clear reporting lines and by assigning responsibilities to people who have the right skills, capability and experience and through timely, regular communication, so all parties understand the objectives of the project and keep abreast of developments and situations requiring action.
Our cost control and quantity surveying teams can be deployed via our regional offices, or work directly on site to ensure continuity of service.