The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002
The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) in the UK and ATEX in Europe require employers to control the risks to safety from fire and explosions.
Dangerous substances can put peoples’ safety at risk from fire and explosion. DSEAR puts duties on employers and the self-employed to protect people from risks to their safety from fires, explosions and similar events in the workplace, this includes members of the public who may be put at risk by work activity.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s trained and experienced inspectors can provide assistance and guidance in DSEAR and ATEX compliance. The services Royal HaskoningDHV can provide include:
- Hazardous Area Classification and zoning
- Verification of the effectiveness of the explosion protection measures you have in your workplace
- Implementation of a structured periodic inspection and maintenance strategy
- Modification of your existing health and safety management system to demonstrate compliance with DSEAR
- All inspections and assessment services can be carried out by IEC Ex CoPC qualified engineers.