At Royal HaskoningDHV, we have more than 70 years’ experience of planning, engineering and procuring successful shipyards across the globe and offer a unique and comprehensive service to our clients that has made us world leaders in the maritime sector.
After safety, efficiency and being fit-for-purpose, the aim of any shipyard around the world is profitability. Being able to minimise costs, maximise revenues and explore new markets requires innovation, strategic planning and the ability to make those plans a reality.
Our shipyard technology group, First Marine International (FMI), are experts in naval architecture-based shipyard production and they work alongside our economic consultancy group Ocean Shipping Consultants (OSC) who provide comprehensive and expert global shipping trade forecasts. We build the business model: our multi-disciplinary teams analyse the market, optimise revenues and facility costs involved preparing the business plan before assisting our clients turning the concept into reality. As the shipyard facilities are constructed and developed, Royal HaskoningDHV’s expert teams are there to advise and reassure the client throughout the shipyard’s life cycle.
In addition to the development of modern dock and shipyard facilities, we are also experts in giving old facilities such as admiralty docks in naval bases a new lease of life and successfully modernising them for new purposes. This has included working with clients to design and deliver dock infrastructure such as: hauling-in winching systems, dock dewatering and flooding systems, dock arms, dock blocks, fendering, crane beams, rails and dock services.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s expert teams can find you the optimum solutions to all aspects of shipyard planning, design and development, including:
- Dry Docks
- Market research and strategic planning
- Industry and competitiveness studies
- Facilities and development
- Pre-production organisation and technology
- Production process technology
- Benchmarking and performance improvement
- Operational review and strategic planning
- Dock and Lock Gates
- Floating Docks
- Ship recycling
Download our Brochures
- Container Terminals
- Cruise Terminals
- Dry Bulk Terminals
- Dry Ports and Logistics Facilities
- Inland Waterways Transport (IWT)
- Intakes, Outfalls and Marine Pipelines
- Liquefied Natural Gas Terminals (LNG)
- Liquid Bulk and Chemicals Terminals
- Marinas and Waterfront Development
- Mixed Use Ports
- Naval & Defence Facilities
- Offshore Marine Supply Bases
- Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) and Ferry Terminals