Royal HaskoningDHV has extensive experience in the dry bulk sector. Our world class bulk terminal design solutions add value to projects, sponsored by large and small mining companies alike. Our experts have developed state-of-the-art mega-terminals for direct mooring of the largest bulk vessels while minimising time in port. Equally, our experts value and provide high flexibility in the design so that the growth of the terminal can be adapted to probable market changes.
The experience of Royal HaskoningDHV covers all stages of project development, including site selection, preparation, feasibility studies, appraisal, implementation, commissioning and operations as well as carrying out due diligence studies, logistics studies, (master)planning studies, detailed design, tender management and construction supervision.
We view bulk terminals as an integrated part of a pit-to-port full logistical chain (from the mine area to the port, on to seaborne transport and to the ultimate recipient of the mineral resources). Our experts are experienced working in multi-disciplinary teams and provide a full range of professional services to meet project requirements, integrating mining engineering, transport logistics, stockyard, dry bulk handling (stacker reclaimers/ship loaders) and port/marine facility development.
We can provide a complete consultancy and engineering services for the planning, design and construction supervision of dry bulk terminals and logistical chains including marine transport, port terminals and facilities, handling equipment landside transport and mine development. This includes reception of bulk cargo by barge, train or truck and storage at the port, reclaiming and conveyor systems to load the ship, port berths and quays, ship handling and navigation.
- Container Terminals
- Cruise Terminals
- Dry Ports and Logistics Facilities
- Inland Waterways Transport (IWT)
- Intakes, Outfalls and Marine Pipelines
- Liquefied Natural Gas Terminals (LNG)
- Liquid Bulk and Chemicals Terminals
- Marinas and Waterfront Development
- Mixed Use Ports
- Naval & Defence Facilities
- Offshore Marine Supply Bases
- Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) and Ferry Terminals
- Bulk Materials Handling
- Due Diligence
- Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Services
- Feasibility Studies and Port Master Planning
- Marine Design and Construction Services
- Mining Services
- Port & Shipyards Operation and Maintenance
- Port and Shipping Economics
- Smart Ports - Energy Efficiency & Environmental Sustainability
- Supply Chain Consultancy