The infrastructure required to meet these challenges is subsequently becoming more complex, calling for an innovative approach to provide truly integrated railway design, and clear insight from the outset about the impact which that design might have on networks and the environment.
A station is the showpiece of a city or town – they often play a vital role in a city or region because of their location and accessibility. A station is a place where travelers, transporters and commercial facilities come together. Stations should therefore be welcoming: a place where people feel safe and comfortable.
Royal HaskoningDHV has a proven track record in delivering sustainable and innovative solutions to the industry which solve our clients’ challenges on a daily basis. Thanks to our integrated approach, together with our clients we work to improve the experience of the traveler as they move through the station.
Our experts have worked with a variety of industry players – from key operators such as NS and ProRail to municipalities including Rijkswaterstaat and regional operators Connexxion, Arriva and Syntus, a key aspect of our approach lies in stakeholder engagement. This is vital to driving the success of a project, not only in terms of increasing grip and commitment from all involved, but also by providing greater transparency and collaboration throughout a rail project lifecycle.
- We take a project approach centered on working closely with the client and other key stakeholders, using Systems Engineering to structure the specifications of the rail project
- We take a holistic view to improving the entire rail network in the interest of travelers – our models in this regard are industry-leading
- We have extensive knowledge and capability in station development, transfer solutions for pedestrians, parking solutions, safety & security, signaling and traffic control systems, power supply and overhead catenary, civil constructions and rolling stock
- We use a range of tools on each project, including 3D design and BIM, as well as extensive micro-simulations of train schedules. Passenger flows and wayfinding in stations are also key to understand traveler requirements.
We are able to support you in all phases of rail & stations projects:
- Exploration and assessment of future transport demand
- Development and adjustment of train schedules
- Capacity studies
- Assessment of rail networks, to ensure the rail infrastructure can accommodate envisaged timetable changes
- Integrated design of all aspects of rail projects, including stations and integration into the environment
- Preparation of tender documents
- Oversight of infrastructure project delivery
Together with our clients, our aim in everything we do is to create good rail connections and appealing rail stations – functional and attractive for our clients, and comfortable for their customers.
Services within this area
- 3D evacuation simulations
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Experience and safety
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Light Rail, Tram and Metro Design
- Parking solutions for cars and bicycles
- Rail and Environment
- Rail Integrated Design
- Rail Network Optimisation
- Rail Structural Design
- Railway Level Crossings
- Station Development
Office Royal HaskoningDHV Amersfoort - A worldly head office.
Development of an Operational Performance System for NL Railways
Airport Tanzania – Navigating through the airport
Ede-Wageningen train station – Take a walk through the new train station!
NS bicycle parking - Direct implementation at 15 train stations
Improved Railway stations by effective development and Asset Management, Netherlands
Metro Amsterdam – Uniform signage
Tram line 19 Delft
Saudi Railway Company - Complete trajectory
Bringing socio-economic opportunities to the people of the KwaDabeka Valley
North/South Metro Line in Amsterdam
Parking garage Martini hospital - Carefree parking
- 19 Aug 2019The world's largest bicycle parking facility opened in the Netherlands
- 18 Dec 2018Royal HaskoningDHV strengthens rail industry with key appointment
- 01 Aug 2018Royal HaskoningDHV takes over rail activities from Verebus.
- 18 Jul 2018Dutch engineering firms write history with North/South Metro Line in Amsterdam
- 14 Mar 2017Royal HaskoningDHV officially qualified as preferred supplier for ProRail