Basics of structural designStructures designed by Royal HaskoningDHV are based on the latest theoretical knowledge, codes and broad and extensive experience. The designs are optimised using available materials like: steel, concrete, timber, stone, glass and composites. Designs are based on traditional and/or advanced, innovative building techniques and technologies, depending on the situation and environment.
Structural designing is connecting the demands of geometry, materials (concrete, steel, timber) and loads (gravity, wind, seismic), combined with any special demands of our clients.
Specialisms and innovationsRoyal HaskoningDHV participates in research and development of new products and methods. We work in close collaboration with Delft University of Technology, and several Technical Colleges in The Netherlands. Our consultants and engineers are involved in both national and international technical and building code committees.
We have acquired expert knowledge in:
- Tall buildings / High rises
- Inner city developments:
- utility buildings (mixed use)
- underground structures (parking garages)
Our specialties are:
- Forensic engineering, 2nd opinions, arbitrations (woningborg)
- Prefabricated concrete structures
- Dynamics, vibrations, explosions (SPIRIT, CBRE attacks)
- Earth quakes, seismic design and engineering
- High and low temperatures
- Nuclear industry (incl. hospitals)
- Concrete technology
- Advanced calculation methods (3D, Nonlin, Form finding)
- Modern CAD & BIM techniques (2D, 3D, BIM [incl. brief builder])
- Sustainability (Breeam, Leed)
- Floating structures (Floating prisons)
- Light buildings (Karel Doorman)
- CD20 (several projects)
- Park4All (several projects)
Director Advisory Group Design & Engineering