Royal HaskoningDHV has been bringing its detailed highway infrastructure and construction expertise to major transport development projects throughout the UK for almost 30 years. Our highly experienced technical staff offer specialist skills in a number of areas, becoming involved right at the start of the development process to make sure that only the most cost-effective access and infrastructure improvement solutions are developed and delivered.
Our transport planning and design disciplines work closely together to design out any potentially expensive problems, such as statutory service diversions, early on in the planning stage and they continue to keep a tight check on the practicalities, costs and impact throughout the entire construction phase.
Our experience covers:
- route selection
- cost plan development
- long-term programming
- construction impact assessments
- highway and drainage scheme design
- public transport infrastructure implementation
- regulatory authority approval
- close liaison with masterplanners and architects
We can develop cost-effective, practical and appropriate schemes that match our client’s expectations using a wide range of detailed infrastructure design services, including:
- the preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications
- the provision of contract documentation
- project management and supervision
- estimating and cost control services
- sustainable and innovative design solutions
- planning coordinator role under the CDM Regulations 2007
- negotiating necessary section 278, 38, 106, 104, Legal Agreements
Where we are required to enter into public consultation – for traffic calming measures, for example – we gather feedback through publicity leaflets, questionnaires and public exhibitions, which allows us to create solutions that meet the needs of the communities we are working in.
All of our specialists take safety very seriously and we constantly assess the safety of users, the construction team and the maintenance team at every stage of the project on a local level through our network of regional offices. During the construction phase, we also provide supervision and inspection services to make sure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with the client’s legal obligations before handover to the client or adopting authority.
In addition to our traditional highway design expertise, we can also help your own design teams with a comprehensive range of services from our colleagues in Royal HaskoningDHV, including:
- design of bridges and retaining structure
- road safety auditing
- non-motorised user audits
- cycle audits
- noise measurements
- gas monitoring
- strategic drainage design
- flood risk assessments
- contamination and ground remediation
- car park layout design
- parking controls