Companies are often located in the vicinity of other (social) functions. Therefore, in many countries, the government has introduced extensive laws and regulations to ensure that the safety of the community is ensured. Companies are expected to manage these risks for the community.
Our consultants will professionally guide you through the complex and comprehensive laws and regulations in the areas of safety, the environment and the community. In addition, they assist you in fulfilling your legal obligations.
Royal HaskoningDHV offers various services in the area of external safety. Our consultants have years of experience with the applicable laws and regulations in the Netherlands, such as the Decree on External Safety of Establishments (Bevi), the Decree on External Safety of Piping Routes (Bevb), the Decree on External Safety of Transport Routes (Bevt) and the Decree on Major Accidents Hazards 2015. We are familiar with the requirements and expectations of the competent authority and can therefore provide you with the best support in finding a solution to your question or problem. We also deliver these services in other parts of the world, working closely with national consultants.
Our services include:
- Support in licensing applications
- External Safety Section in development plans, land-use plans or zoning plans;
- External Safety Section in environmental impact assessments
- Proper spatial substantiation regarding external safety
- Fire Safety Advice
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) based on modeling tools (a.o. Safeti-NL, Carola and RMB II)
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Advice on the transport(ation) of hazardous substances
- Advice in relation to the forthcoming Environmental and Planning Act
Simone van Dijk
Leading professional omgevingveiligheid Environmental & Industrial Safety