Clear objectivesThe aim of the municipality of Nijmegen was to reduce costs with 7.5% on her annual maintenance budget of €24 million. Furthermore, the Municipality wanted to professionalize the approach of the maintenance and sustainability of her real estate portfolio (of 650 buildings), and shape her management organisation upon that.
Asset Manager; Managing AgentRoyal HaskoningDHV acts as a management agent for the real estate portfolio of the municipality of Nijmegen, and is responsible for the maintenance and sustainability of the municipality’s property. This municipal real estate management is performed according to ISO55000:2014, the guideline for which we are certified.
Professional maintenanceIn order to keep properly maintained buildings, we draw up a maintenance plan each year. Maintenance is carried out within the fixed budget of €4.5 million. We have our own 24/7 Servicedesk for handling complaints or disturbance.
Revolving Green FundTogether with the municipality of Nijmegen, we have developed a master plan and our own fund, comparable to an Energy Service Company (ESCo). Based on a single deposit of this fund, savings on energy and sustainability measurements are financed.
A promising partnerWith this approach we deliver the following results:
- A compact Municipal Real Estate Management organisation
- An annual real estate portfolio, which is more sustainable and current
- Pro-active steering to avoid lack of occupancy
- Satisfied tenants because of correspondence with their needs and demands
- 10% saving on the annual maintenance budget
- An increasing investment in the realization of the municipality's sustainability aims. This will be €0.4 million in the first year.
Leading Professional Energy Transition