The project consists of a regional top clinical hospital. The healthcare complex (total 98.000 m2) consists of a hospital, psychiatric centre, rehabilitation centre and a medical mall.
Services Royal HaskoningDHV
- Project management
- Engineering and consultancy on building installations
- Program management
- Conceptual installation design
- Design building services (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Design management
- Tender and contract management
- Installations supervision
- Construction cost management
- Financial management and administration
- Services have been performed under ISO 9001-2000
Functionality and innovationThe design of the Maasland hospital is work process orientated. The work process focuses on the patient. Patients enter a consultation and examination room and stay there. Doctors come to this room and the patient instead of a traditional model where the patient walks to see the doctor.
Special attention has been given to the knowledge and information centres for doctors. Various working and meeting facilities are integrated in central facility.
Patient rooms are all single bed and offer privacy and comfort. The wards are designed to have a social functions comparable to living rooms.
The hospital is provided with a high level of ICT facilities. Data has to be wirelessly available anywhere in the hospital. Automated guided vehicles are providing logistical services.