In August 2014, Prairie Mining Limited (“Prairie”) commissioned Royal HaskoningDHV in a joint venture with Golder Associates (UK) Ltd. to undertake and complete a Pre-Feasibility Study within the guidelines of JORC 2012 for the Lublin Coal Project (“LCP”), located in south-eastern Poland.
- As the LCP has the potential to become a significant new coal producer within the industrial heartland of Europe, Prairie is continuing to evaluate the potential of the project following the successful outcome of a Scoping Study completed in 2014.
- The project has the potential to become a strategic supplier of high quality semi-soft coking and premium thermal coal to Polish and European markets, while providing a tremendous boost to local, regional and national economies.
- It is intended to initially develop the LCP primarily as an underground single seam longwall (“LW”) retreat mine utilising rock bolting technologies as deployed in UK coal mines.
Royal HaskoningDHV were tasked to undertake:
- Preliminary washability test work and design of a Coal Handling and Processing Plant (“CHPP”) design
- Geological modelling and subsequent Resource Estimate
- Mine site and CHPP Area surface infrastructure design
- Preparation of the Project Implementation Programme and Schedule; and
- Undertake the Health & Safety review of the project.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s Samuel Moorhouse was the competent person assigned to undertake the Mineral Resource Statement.
On 8 March 2016, Prairie announced the results of a Pre-Feasibility Study for the Project which confirmed its potential to become a world-class mining operation.
Testimonial from Prairie’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Ben Stoikovich, a mining engineer and professional corporate finance executive:
"We commissioned Royal HaskoningDHV to assist us develop our Pre-Feasibility Study for the Lublin Coal Project in Poland, selecting them because of their reputation as a competent global geological and mining consultant. We have found the team to be diligent, professional and adaptable, assured in their advice and genuinely dedicated to helping make the project a success. We have been repeatedly impressed with Royal HaskoningDHV’s willingness to work in a flexible manner alongside the owners’ team to adapt to changes in scope of the Pre-Feasibility Study and supporting workstreams. As a consultant, their collaborative approach and dedicated project managers have bought fresh perspectives to the Pre-Feasibility Study, and had a hugely positive impact on the project’s development. Their technical input and presentation of results have been of the highest calibre throughout."