Pamish Investments No 66 (Pty) Ltd has a Joint Venture agreement with Anglo Coal to recover the present Greenside coal dump. The aim of the project is to supply coal of a certain quality to Eskom, for the fossil fuel power plants.
A pre-feasibility study (PFS) was completed in March 2012 and the JV is now proceeding with a full Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS).
Certain chapters and inputs to the study of the BFS have been awarded to Royal HaskoningDHV.
Royal HaskoningDHV was responsible for the delivery of the study project to the bankable feasibility study level. Design work, costing and evaluation of the mining and processing project was required, enabling detailed financial and technical analysis to be performed.
We were responsible for the compilation of some of the chapters of the feasibility study; the scope of work included the following areas:
- Mining - Mine design and scheduling, assistance with a mining contract
- Processing Plant - updating of process design and PFD's and assistance with a build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) contract for the plant
- Services - water, storm water, sewage, roads, all building other than plant buildings
- Engineering - Civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and C&I
- Vehicle Management Plan
- Human Resources
- Operating and Capital cash flow models