Our offshore wind team has been involved in the delivery of over 45 offshore wind projects. This unparalleled experience, resulting from 15 years of supporting the European offshore wind industry, places us at the forefront of consultancy services to the globally expanding offshore wind market.
Our science-lead strategic approach has contributed to our unrivalled record in achieving project consent, in particular thanks to our ground-breaking work in Environmental Impact Assessments. Frequently appointed as lead Environmental Impact Assessment coordinator and consent consultant, working with developers, from site prospecting through to the operational phase, has equipped our large in-house team of specialists and consultants with the knowledge to provide expert and innovative solutions for a multitude of challenging issues.
From initial scoping studies and stakeholder consultations, through specialist surveys and assessments, to the submission of the final planning application, to date, we are proud to have achieved consent for over 12GW of offshore wind projects in the UK.
We are a leading provider of post-consent support and in addition to our large team of consultants, we are growing our dedicated offshore wind engineering team to continue to supply professional services as projects progress into procurement, construction and operation.Get in touch to find out how our specialist expertise can benefit you.
Download our project map
Click the button below to download our European Offshore Energy Projects leafletDownload
Offshore wind services
• Strategic advice
• Pre-feasibility site assessment, selection and advice
• Major survey design, procurement, management and QA
• EIA coordination and delivery
• Stakeholder liaison and regulatory compliance
• Comprehensive technical advice and chapter authorship
• Project design input and optimisation
• Post-consent support services
• Environmental due diligence support
• Owners’ engineering and FEED services
• Wind port assessment design and development services
Our track record in supporting the offshore wind sector speaks for itself:
• Offshore and onshore EIA and consent support for 4.8GW of the Dogger Bank Offshore Windfarm projects, the largest capacity zone in the North Sea and the largest site ever consented at the time
• Developing the two largest projects in Europe, 1.8 GW Norfolk Vanguard and its sister project Norfolk Boreas
• Carrying out Discharge of Conditions work on three wind farms at Dogger Bank
• Providing a range of environmental, consenting, technical and engineering services to Thanet Offshore Wind Farm for over 10 years; from inception to consent, then from construction to successful operation
• The development and design refinement of long, onshore buried export cables associated with the Dudgeon, Dogger and East Anglia Zone Offshore Wind Projects.
• Largest in-house team of experts within the sector
• Fast-growing in-house engineering and technical team
• Expert witness services