Velo-city 2017 is the world's largest cycling summit – and this year it comes to Arnhem and Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Visit Royal HaskoningDHV at the Dutch Cycling Pavilion in Nijmegen.
Velo-city 2017 is the annual global cycling summit about cycling, cycling infrastructure, bicycle innovations, bicycle safety and social and cultural change driven by cycling around the world. The Velo-city conference, associated exhibition and numerous events and excursions will take place between 13 and 16 June 2017, in the world's premier cycling nation: the Netherlands.
As organiser of the 2017 edition, the Netherlands has chosen the Arnhem Nijmegen City region as its venue. This is a leading region when it comes to cycling infrastructure and bicycle innovations.
1,700-2,000 delegates from across the globe are expected to participate in Velo-city 2017. Both ahead of and after the conference, various trips will be organised in close collaboration with cities such as Amsterdam, Utrecht, ’s-Hertogenbosch and The Hague.
Cycling is the centerpiece of this conference and at its core are the people. The roles and needs of people will be discussed from the human factors of cycling to the importance of coherent, safe and connected infrastructure. We think it is important to come into contact with you and to share knowledge about the developments in cycling mobility. Meet us at the Dutch Cycling Pavilion in Nijmegen to learn more about our assessments in human factors in cyling, cycling design, multi modal transport network, road safety and connecting your strategy.
Meet our experts during the following sessions:
- Tuesday 13 June 12.30 – 13.00 hrs: ‘The human factors in cycling’, presented by Geertje Hegeman (Dutch Cycling Pavilion)
- Wednesday 14 June 11.45-12.45 hrs: ‘Components of bicycle networks’. Round table with Wim van der Wijk (Black Room, Schouwburg)
- Wednesday 14 June 10:00 – 10:30 hrs: ‘Lessons Learned from the development of Dutch Cycling Highways’, presented by Aletta Koster (Dutch Cycling Pavilion)
- Thursday 15 June 12.45 – 13.00 hrs: ‘International Developments in Cycling’, presented by Aletta Koster (Dutch Cycling Pavilion)
- Friday 16 June 10:00 – 10:30 hrs: ‘Golden rules of a forgiving cycle path’ presented by Peter Morsink (Dutch Cycling Pavilion)
We will be there 13-16 June in Nijmegen – will you?
Senior Consultant Transport & Planning
Dutch Cycling Pavilion
Read more on Velo-City 2017